What's new

If you could only pick one forever...

Hmm. SV Desert Vetiver or maybe Tabac (new). Still wanting to try MdC from the jar and not samples.
I’ve used both a sample size and full size version of the MdC original and from that experience I much prefer the full size version

To answer the question:
MdC (probably switching between original and fougere)
Pitralon classic (Germany)

Mitchell's Woolfat.

No contest! Nothing comes even close!
I have a brand new ceramic bowl of MWF that I bought in August and am planning on using it in December.

But even today the last day of Tabactober, I would have to go with Tabac!

Reactions: nav

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Soap: Speick stick (tallow) nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
Splash: Razorock XXX, nice clean scent when it dries down.
Balm: CeraVe moisturizer lotion(scentless) Just works well.

Cella and Whiskey Woods
unsented vander hagen and Ogallala limes and peppercorn double strength
Sterling soap TBA and Pinaud Lime Sec

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Love these threads...they come along now and again.

Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum CK-6.
Splash: Barberry Coast Bay Rum aftershave splash.
Balm: No balms for me. However, I would use Lucky Tiger Face Tonic before the aftershave splash.

I could use Ghost Town Barber by Chiseled Face forever. Also I think Timmerman Red could be a forever soap too.

MdC Fougere or Cella, lol. What a spread.

Those are quite different.

I use both but prefer MdC by a wide margin, though the Cella smells good enough to eat. In fact, I have been focusing on the Cella lately to make it my first tub to finish. Once it's gone, I don't think I will replace it.

My main Summer aftershave is Aqua Velva & my main Winter aftershave is Clubman. That said, I agree with someone who earlier said if you're choosing only one thing forever you choose functionality. I'll go beyond that & say I would also choose products that aren't very strong scent-wise. I can use cologne for that if needed. So that said:

Soap: Arko (after I let it air out a bit)
Aftershave: Speick

Arko just does exactly what is supposed to do at a very affordable price. Speick is a mild, inoffensive scent that also performs amazingly well. It's my go to after the rare subpar shave when I actually NEED a good aftershave product.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjm
I have several soaps but the A & E tubs actually get finished. Of those So Cal Hipster is fun to me.

I will follow your example with my three sets. :001_rolle
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac

Soap: Geo F. Trumper Eucris
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Classic/Orginal

Cream: Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Splash: Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather

Soap - Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice, Splash - Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice. Anything in the Omnibus Base would be good, but the Spice scent is such a classic I could wear it everyday and be AOK.

Reactions: cf1
Top Bottom