What's new

If you could only own one DE safety razor....

From the 9 de razors I have...merkur 47c shaves good and with the long handle is very comfortable in my hand.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Interesting! Since a while back, I am shaving with a Merkur 42C closed comb safety razor, with an Ikon handle. I have to say that I am satisfied with this gentle instrument. Lately, I have started to think of also buying a Merkur 47C, not at least for the longer, fine looking, handle of that razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Wolfman WR2. Right now I’m using a 1.15. I have a 1.25 on the way. My Charcoal Goods Level 2 is a bit more efficient than the 1.15. But it’s also nowhere near as smooth. Hoping the 1.25 will give me the efficiency of the Level 2 with the Wolfman smoothness. But I could live the rest of my life shaving with just a Wolfman razor. Not that I would mind you. 😎😀

For me, it's without a doubt the Wolfman Wr2 1.25. I had the 1.15 and it was a phenomenal razor but the 1.25 is the sweet spot for my face. 1.25 has minimal blade feel, with maximum efficiency. Amazingly enough it has the same comfort level as the 1.15. Imo it's better to have a Wolfman Wr2 rather than have 10-20 razors equaling the same amount. A close second is the H&S P076 17-4. This razor is one of the smoothest and most effective/efficient razors I have used,... And the quality (I can attest) is Wolfman quality, which is saying alot.

More than three years after my last post in this thread (first page post), my best shaver has changed from a Merkur Progress to a Gillette Heritage.

Been using the Gillette Heritage daily for a year and love it

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Can't quite ever get things down to one. ;)

Blackland Vector OC
Blackland Blackbird SB
Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England)
Charcoal Goods Brass L2
Blackland Sabre L2

I'm sure I'll be more confused shortly: The Blackland Brass Blackbird SB should arrive today and the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB should arrive shortly.

Definitely any of my ultra rare vintage razors, because they are all magical and shave better than any common vintage or modern razor ever made, period!
Jokes aside, I would pick the common and inexpensive FOCS, because it's very efficient, very smooth and I can use it everyday.

I would gladly take any of my stainless steel razors (RazoRock Game Changer, Above the Tie, or Weber Polished Head) because of the weight, balance, and longevity of stainless. That said, I would choose the Above the Tie with all four of my baseplates (M2, R1, R2, H2) because that covers all shaving needs - but is this cheating?

Muhle R41 twist....

*Why?
Can't find better DE, yes there's much better SE's (to me~YMMV)
But this is the DE that I'd be happy to give away the rest of my DE's... 😊

Finish, efficiency, weight..👍🏼

If Muhle ever make an SS version of R41 twist, I'm ready to pay 300+$$$

...which would it be?

....and why?

Don't give a 2nd and 3rd choice. I'm interested in what the more experienced members of the community would choose.

I'm far too early in my wet shaving journey to possibly make any decision.
My choice is the Merkur Vision 2000 which is no longer available and second choice it the Muhle 2011 version which is also not available anymore, so for razors that are currently available it is the current Muhle R41!

for me.

my gibbs 17

IMG_20201206_143252.jpg

Top Bottom