What's new

If you could only own one DE safety razor....

Was my 40's Style Superspeed but my daughter stole it, which is nice.

Now I only own one, a Merkur 34C, not quite ideal but it does the job just fine.

Ah, that's a tough one. I recently grabbed a near mint Canadian heavy Tech and a Slim adjustable in excellent condition, both are great shavers, but deep down I know that if I had to give all but one up I'd ride off into the sunset with my RED TIP!!!

I shaved with one today. Darn thing loosened mid shave. Probably operator error. But ended up with the best shave of my life. Used a GSB.

I currently have 13 razors. If I could only own one, it would probably be my Slim. However, I would be sure that my LOTH owned the other 12. :001_smile

Everyone has a different answer. It's like asking what food you would prefer to be stranded on a desert island with. Anyway I want to give my 2 cents. I own a few dozen safety razors vintage and old. I love them all. Can't pick a favorite. Sorry

I'm not a very experienced member, only been traditional shaving for maybe a year and a half. Of the perhaps dozen razors I've used my current keeper would be a Rockwell 6s. It adjustable and I get the best shaves with it right now. I do have a slim coming in, so it could change. [emoji16]

If it was gonna be just one, it'd have to be an adjustable or configurable. My heart would say "6s" but my brain would say "Variant".

Noob, been doing this around 6-7 months, but I get INTO things, you know?

I’ve bought some high end stuff, some middle of the road stuff, some beginner stuff.

For me, it’d be a Karve C plate.

For myself, the top razors are in the Micromatic family. My top daily shaver is the Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless, smooth, efficient, no suprises, always a close shave and really no competition from the DE side for me. For now, for me, the question is settled.

Top Bottom