What's new

If you could only own one DE safety razor....

As soon as I choose one, I find myself clinging to another I can't bear to relinquish. It's a hopeless exercise for me I'm afraid.

ATT S1 why? I like things that are machined well, that perform well, this one does both every time. Plus it's easy to look at.:shaving:
20171201_223922.jpg

Ah, that's a tough one. I recently grabbed a near mint Canadian heavy Tech and a Slim adjustable in excellent condition, both are great shavers, but deep down I know that if I had to give all but one up I'd ride off into the sunset with my RED TIP!!!

Ah, that's a tough one. I recently grabbed a near mint Canadian heavy Tech and a Slim adjustable in excellent condition, both are great shavers, but deep down I know that if I had to give all but one up I'd ride off into the sunset with my RED TIP!!!
That would be awfully hard to naysay.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For a couple of decades I DID just have one DE, a Wilkinson Classic. If I had to do another couple of decades with it, I'd manage perfectly well. I'd rather have my Edwin Jagger 3D Diamond though :)

Ah! I didn't realize it was a slant. That explains it, thank you. :thumbup1:
Both razors are slant razors the S1 close bar and he has to open comb. What you see is the open comb razor has the version 1 or original designed top cap which creates that illusion that the blade does not line up. Actually it lines up perfectly with the base plate it's the top cap that has a varying angle that shows you that odd blade exposure. The new design or version 2 slant top cap is on the left where they made everything parallel. I took that photo intentionally for someone else to show the difference in the two top caps. I'm currently trying to decide which Top Cab works better.
Same two slants.
20171201_225553.jpg
20171201_224357.jpg

Old Type for me, though all the modern clones and variations on the theme sure look appealing and are probably great too.

Top Bottom