What's new

If you could only own one DE safety razor....

Well, the answer to this question changes over time as I keep hoarding... Today, I would definitely say my Flare Tip Rocket. Awesome shaves, just like I want them: Very close but no weepers or cuts. Ever. And this is one very well built razor. I haven’t seen TTO’s (my favorite type) better built than Rockets.

...But honestly, I feel about razors like I feel about music. The whole concept of just owning one (razor or piece of music) would be very sad :crying:

Favorite piece of music right now: Steve Earle: Oxycontin Blues. Heard it in a Swedish made program on TV and immediately got the album. Being a Dane I have to say that Swedes have awesome taste in music, often with lots of americana in there. And they make great TV also.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Funny thing, love the Timeless and it is a better shaver at a better price BUT my favourite hands down is the Wolfman made LASSC BBS-1. John got this thing perfect such that the more you use it the more you love it.

I posted my answer about 3 months ago, and I believe it was a Bulldog. Even though I have acquired some new razors since, including a Double Ring, several Single Rings, a New De Luxe, a Barbasol FH, and a couple of Lather Catchers, the Bulldog is still my favorite all time razor. But, I was thinking, if this is going to be the only razor that I will have for the rest of my life, I may need to rethink my choice. Even though, in my opinion, the Gillette Bulldog is one of the greatest razors ever made, it has its limitations. As I get older and my beard changes, I may want my razor to change also. So after some consideration, my new choice will be, again in my opinion, the greatest Adjustable razor ever made, the Gillette Toggle.

Based on the shaves I got this week I could easily say my Blue Tip Super Speed. Of course if I used it for two weeks in a row I'd get bored with it and want to use something else.

The first 35 plus years of shaving the only razor i owned, and still have, is a Trac II. Since Christmas of 2014 every shave has been with a Razorock SLAB, have no reason or need to change from that. Maybe curiosity will bite again in another 35 years.
dave

Top Bottom