What's new

If you could only have one razor and one blade for the rest of your life?

Razor: Right now my Fat handled Gillette Early Post War Tech (just replaced my Gillette New LC for first slot).
Blade: Feather High Stainless ( if I could get a batch that didn’t come in a plastic dispenser.) I haven’t tried enough others to decide. My feathers lasted so long I haven’t had the chance to test the other blades in my 100 blade sample pack.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Razor: Right now my Fat handled Gillette Early Post War Tech (just replaced my Gillette New LC for first slot).
Blade: Feather High Stainless ( if I could get a batch that didn’t come in a plastic dispenser.) I haven’t tried enough others to decide. My feathers lasted so long I haven’t had the chance to test the other blades in my 100 blade sample pack.
That sounds like a match made in "Wet Shaving Heaven" my friend!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
OK.... since this thread came back up... I've only used one razor since Feb. 18th, this year, i.e., the ESC Claymore Evolution so that is my choice by default and choice.

Blades..... so far, a tie between Feather ProGuards and Kai Captain Titanium Mild Blade with Guard... not that mild, pretty much feel very close to the Feather ProGuards. I don't mind the Feather ProSoft Guards.. but the other two are preferable.

Edit: I am using the Timeless Titanium Crown handle thanks to David/NeverStopLearning..... thanks again, David.

Last edited:
My Blackland Tradere SB razor with any of the following:
  • Nacet
  • GSB
  • Personna red
Second choice would be my Timeless Titanium 0.68 with a Feather blade.
Things have changed since this post. Hands down the razor of choice would now be my Blackland Blackbird SB. The blade choices are still pretty accurate for me. Second choice now would be the Blackland Tradere SB. Having recently found in the wild a generation 1 Gem MMOC and used it a few times I believe that razor too will receive an honorable mention.

The question was, one razor, and one blade. Which seems to me unfair, but I'll try.
I couldn't get rid of my Fatboy, it's far too pretty, and besides, it's going to a grandson, when I cash in my chips. But as far as my every-other-day driver, that would be my Rex Envoy. 🤗
Blades right now would be a tie between a Nacet and GSB. But I'll have to give that some further thought. 🤔

Last edited:
RazoRock Gamechanger 68 and either a German Personna Platinum Chrome or the excellent Silver Star from Lord. A close runner-up would be my ESC Outlaw with said Personna, Silver Star or perhaps a Lord Platinum. Maybe Lab Blue too.

Vintage would see me plump for my beautifully timeless Gillette Aristocrat #22 (or Rocket HD or #58) with a Rapira Swede or Lord Platinum.

I’ve hardly chosen just one razor and blade but that as close as I can possibly narrow it down. I confess it is just too hard to be so brutal with all my lovelies - they’d be just so upset with me. It’s ok my pets, I love you all! 🙏❤️

R41GS with Feather.

Attachments

• 20220525_194827.jpg
    20220525_194827.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Top Bottom