What's new

If you could only have one razor and one blade for the rest of your life?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If I had to choose only one and could not enjoy a little variety of having several? I would want my razor to be one that I could go back to a single, lonely razor, that would provide a mindless, thoughtless and effortless shave, but still a close and efficient shave.

Trac II handle with Wilkinson Sword Twin II Plus Cartridges. A guaranteed 20 shaves a cart and an efficient and comfortable, DFS time after time without having to even pay attention. An enjoyable, mindless shave.

But if I could have more than one? For some variety and a change of pace? I would have a favorite DE, SE, Injector, Straight, Shavette and yes, even a favorite Cartridge razor. Oh, I have all of those right now. :)

If it is to be the sole desert island razor, then it cannot have moving parts to be able to break down. That rules out the rocnel sailor 2020 razor unfortunately. It should also be made of a metal that is maximally non corrosive - that criterion sadly rules out the 316L stainless steel wolfman wr2 which would otherwise be most likely to be the winner. That leaves the grade 5 titanium Haircut & Shave P076 the highest performance razor in my collection that is probably the least likely to break down or corrode.

Supposing a cache of an unlimited stash of razor blades of only one brand and type, I would probably choose either the Feather or the Polsilver Super Iridium.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
1630606198908.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My current* choice would be:

Razor: 1950's Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

* I must clarify that at this very moment I only own a 1958 Ball End Tech. I'm working with my dear friend John @JCinPA to get more Techs. In particular the Fat Handles, both pre-war and post-war.

The Merkur 39c Sledgehammer. You will have to prise it out of my cold dead hands. Still yet to find the perfect blade for it though.

Jason.

Top Bottom