What's new

If you could only choose one…….

For me - Safety Razor as its the only thing that will be consistent unless you drop it :biggrin1: .

All the others, in my opinion, will vary to some degree or another. Things such as being discontinued to the formula changing (ie. Tabac) mean that what worked great for the last XX months / years may all of the sudden not.

1. WR2 SS SB 1.25mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
2. Personna Israeli Red from Germany 🇩🇪 or Israel 🇮🇱
3. Ethos Vanilla Safi
4. Ethos Unscented Skin Food
5. PdP No. 63 EDT
6. BRUSH: Morris & Forndran “Gus” 28mm Finest w/ Sand Ebonite Handle

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
1. Straight Razor - Gold Dollar W59 maintained on a 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa strop

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20211218_184116.jpg

2. Shave Soap - ARKO stick face lathered

IMG_20210724_083307.jpg

3. Brush - Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic

IMG_20211128_204024.jpg

4. Aftershave Splash - Witch Hazel/Bay Rum mixed 25%/75%

I lead a simple life.

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
1) Wolfman WR1 SS SB .74
2) Sharp Titanium
3) Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop
4) No balms, thank you.
5) Barberry Coast Bay Rum aftershave
6) AP Shave Co G5A synthetic
7) OPR Sandalwood Shave Soap for pre-shave
8) Stirling Witch Hazel & Aloe and Lucky Tiger Face Tonic for post-shave.

I'll want to change my mind 100 times in the next hour, but this is a good list. The soap was very difficult. I wanted to choose a Stirling mutton tallow soap, but their scents leave something to be desired. So I chose a soap that, for me, has scent and performance. And of course, I had to pick a Bay Rum splash...so I picked one I've been impressed with...lately. A brush was not asked for by the OP, but seemed a logical inclusion on a list like this one as was the pre-shave product and the post-shave product.

Happy shaves.

Last edited:
1. Safety Razor
2. Blade
3. Shave Soap or Creme
4. Aftershave Balm
5. Aftershave Splash

for the rest of your shaving life what would it be?
If not at the beginning. You may want to consider a shave brush. I recently have selected and set up a Fixed Four. Feather Blade, Fatip Gold Grande razor, Zenith B-35 Boar brush Saponificio Varesino’s soaps and A/S. I have posted reviews of my selections. You can find them on this post.
Post in thread 'ASP - ATG SINGLE PASS'
ASP - ATG SINGLE PASS - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/asp-atg-single-pass.592265/post-11596733

0053A49D-A339-4242-8597-9EE04B75E88F.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I mainly use one closed comb razor, but like deferring to an open comb razor when trimming sideburns, shaving heavy growth, or redefining the outline of a partial beard.

I have five favourite blades I like to swap between, plus others which are perfectly acceptable for daily use.

I keep two brushes in the bathroom, as brushes seem to favour either hard soap or cream, and I keep one hard soap, one softer tub soap, and one cream available to choose between. It varies as to which two brushes and three consumables are left available.

I choose my post shave products (if I choose to use them) according to skin condition, and the results of the shave they are following.

If I was told I could only use one of each, I would choose to ignore whoever was saying that :biggrin1:

These "only one" threads are always difficult. For me (at this particular time) my line up would look like this:

1. Razor: Yates 921-H
2. Blades: Bolzano
3. Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
4. After Shave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
5. Stirling synthetic 24mm brush

Alright current set up would look something like this. But I have some new contenders coming in later this week. So we shall see!

1. Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley Stainless Steel
2. Blade: Wizamet SI
3. Soap: Stirling Executive Man
4. A/S: Stirling Executive Man
5. Brush: Semogue 2040HD silvertip

Brush was hardest to choose currently.
Good luck to you!

Straight razor and stones (I make the edges I like).

Tabac soap (haven’t used the new stuff but the old is excellent. If I can’t have that then it’s Proraso Green, great stuff, no messing).

Alum and Lucky Tiger aftershave. (I use these two together but if I had to pick one aftershave it’d be Fine Snakebite, insane stuff, I love it.

Trumpers sandalwood cologne.

Top Bottom