What's new

If you could choose only one...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My .22 Romanian training rifle, ugly as sin.

Mossberg 20 gauge, a tactical one, for the War Department to use (hopefully not on me).

And my lovely tank, GP100 by Ruger with a 4 inch barrel.

Pistol: Glock 19, 9mm
Rifle: AR-15, 5.56 with the option of a .22LR conversion
Shotgun: Mossberg 500, combo package that comes with 18" barrel and 28" barrel
I figure with these three you can do pretty much anything that you would ever need a gun for.

S&W M19 or M66 in 4" flavor
.308 bolt action(mine is an old Western Auto branded Mossberg)
Rem 870 in 16 or 12 gauge.

Nothing on this continent that can't be handled with one of those and the right load.

I have:
Vepr-12 12 ga, no mods
Ruger Ar-556, 2-stage Ruger 452 trigger installed
Walther PPQ M-2 Navy 9mm, no mods
The Vepr is a great gun but completely impractical. In hindsight I should have bought a decent pump.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have:
Vepr-12 12 ga, no mods
Ruger Ar-556, 2-stage Ruger 452 trigger installed
Walther PPQ M-2 Navy 9mm, no mods
The Vepr is a great gun but completely impractical. In hindsight I should have bought a decent pump.

The Vepr is a nice gun. I can swap you out my pump for your Vepr? :) Do you have the suppressor with it?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Oops. I posted the thread, but forgot to add my choices. Out of what I own, I would choose:

Shotgun: Browning BPS 12 gauge
Rifle: Marlin 336 30-30
Pistol: HK VP9 (very likely, it's soon to be a VP9sk)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
We are pretty much stubbornly sticking to centerfires ... although a .22LR AR conversion is (potentially) a good cheat.

Surprised no-one is taking along a 10/22 to shoot and eat radioactive squirrels. The (other) mutants may not hear the report ...

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Since we were limited to three..... my 5th choice would be my custom 10/22 that shares the same suppressor as my 4th choice, my 22/45.
We are pretty much stubbornly sticking to centerfires ... although a .22LR AR conversion is (potentially) a good cheat.

Surprised no-one is taking along a 10/22 to shoot and eat radioactive squirrels. The (other) mutants may not hear the report ...

AA

Hi,

Two ways to look at these lists. I can pick 3 for sporting use or 3 of SHF.

For the first list, Shotguns: It's really, really close, but I would choose my 20ga Dickinson SxS over the CZ 28ga Ringneck SxS. 20ga ammo is just easier to buy. For a rifle, my 1943 Swiss K31 just edges out the 1941 Finnish M39. The K31 is a superb shooter and simply cool to boot. I only own one handgun, a Pietta '58 Remington New Army. I also have a .45 Colt conversion cylinder for it also. It's just a fun plinking gun to shoot.

For the SHF thing, I have a Benelli Nova 20ga pump. I don't like it much, but it is reliable. For a rifle, maybe the Yugo SKS. Never know if you might need the grenade launcher I guess. I would honestly skip the handgun. I don't think they really have much use other than being "handy".

You only need one:

ar02.jpg

870, G17, and Savage or Rem bolt action in 308 or 30-06.

If I had my way for this scenario I'd trade the pistol in on a good 22 rifle

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Oh snap...

Yeah... I held one again on Monday when I was qualifying for my MI CPL. As much as I considered carrying my VP9, the VP9sk would just be a bit more practical and concealable. I could also carry a 15 round VP9 mag as a spare since they are compatible.

I also held the S&W M&P Shield 2.0 and a Glock 43. Both felt great, and I considered picking up a Shield 2.0 just because they are so inexpensive. It also felt good in the hand. I came to my senses though when I thought about using the money toward ammo, gear, and other guns, rather than getting something just because it was affordable.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yeah... I held one again on Monday when I was qualifying for my MI CPL. As much as I considered carrying my VP9, the VP9sk would just be a bit more practical and concealable. I could also carry a 15 round VP9 mag as a spare since they are compatible.

I also held the S&W M&P Shield 2.0 and a Glock 43. Both felt great, and I considered picking up a Shield 2.0 just because they are so inexpensive. It also felt good in the hand. I came to my senses though when I thought about using the money toward ammo, gear, and other guns, rather than getting something just because it was affordable.

Seen this already, haven't cha? :)

I think you are right on target with the idea of the VP9sk and the full size mag as back up.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Seen this already, haven't cha? :)

I think you are right on target with the idea of the VP9sk and the full size mag as back up.

Oh good Lord...fan boy. :biggrin1:

He does have a point though...get something that works and stick with it.

The last several I've picked up have been old school and I've had years of working with that style...revolvers and 1911s.

And no fiberglass handles. :lol:

:001_tt2:

Top Bottom