What's new

If you could choose only one...

I only have one though...

Rifle: Remington 700 .308
Shotgun: Remington Wingmaster 12ga
Pistol: Taurus Raging Judge Ultra-Lite

I love my shotgun...just added a SureFire light for home defense situations.

Glock 17
If self defense was my focus
Benelli M1 or M2
AR 15 in 223 (No issue on make so long as one of the premium brands)

If hunting was my focus
Beretta O/U - Entry level version
Steyer Scout
(We are no allowed to hunt with semi's or pumps and would keep the Benelli if we were)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
M1 Garand
Remington 870 Special Marine Magnum
Ruger GP100 in 357 with 6inch barrel.

All 3 can easily be used for hunting or self defense.
In some scenarios I would take a Marlin 1894c just for ammo interchangeability with the pistol.

For the scatter gun, I'd have to go with my '56 Winchester Model 12 chambered in 16 gauge. Nothing in N. America it can't bring down, stupid reliable, and Mrs. Rookie has an easier time with the 16 than the 12.

For the handgun, any snubnose revolver will be great for home protection. Accurate as far as I need it to be, lesser risk of over penatration, much easier to go through doorways, and fits nicely wherever it's kept.

I've never really had a use for rifles outside the Army. I'd have to drive 3.5 hours in any direction to use it outside a range, and ranges are expensive. So probably a Marlin youth model. 22 lever action because they look sexy in their own way. But secretly I'd be looking at trading the Marlin for a decent condition 1911 variant.

Keep in mind I live and work in a major metropolitan area. Any guns I have are kept secret from my suburban neighbors, game is not as plentiful in areas where the streets are named for the trees cut down for paved lands, and game animals are cute and furry, not dinner.

Rifle: Gewer 98 (reproduction is fine)
Shotgun: Blaser F3 O/U
Handgun: Walther PPQ 9mm
Thus far, I only have 1 of these in the collection and I doubt that I will ever buy the other 2, simply because they would be something that would be cool to have but that I would never really use, other than at the range.

FNC1A1 would be my rifle, as I carried it as a Reservist when dinosaurs walked the Earth.
Remington 870 Tactical would be my shotgun.
Colt Python .357 Magnum with 6" barrel. Loved the look of this baby since I first saw it on Starsky and Hutch (at least, I think it's a 6").

Well, that's almost easy.

I'd keep my:

Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range chambered in .300 WinMag, for hunting
Kel-Tek KSG in 12 gauge, for home defense
Smith&Wesson Model 625 JM (de-horned) in .45 ACP, for self defense/CCW

Ask me again after Armageddon and I might have a different answer.

For me it would look like this:
Rifle- No1mk3* SMLE. Just need to get a P1907 bayonet to go with it
Pistol- Glock 27 in 40 s&w
Shotgun- Beretta AL390 12ga with a 30” barrel

Top Bottom