What's new

If You Could Bring One Pen Back Into Production?

all the col vintage pens we talk about, if you could only bring one pen back and have that company make it just like its originaly model what would you like to see again

A vintage Pelikan
A Parker Duofold perhaps

what pen, what features and why

The duofold is still kinda being made at what I think are outrageous prices but still love mine. so my vote goes to the parker vacumatic ohh to have a green, ruby, silver, and blue.:)

Well, I could say that it's not necessary, because I already have mine.:001_cool: But playing along, being less selfish, and for the benefit of those who have trouble finding vintage pens, or shy away from restoring them themselves...

I'd say the Esterbrook J. But it would have to keep true to the things that made it popular in its heyday. It would have to remain a lower priced pen, and the wide variety of nibs, at least one for almost any application, would also have to be there.

There are other choices I could make, but they involve the kind of gold flex nibs that just don't seem to get made today, and if they did, would probably be priced out of my range. I have my vintage ones, though.

Legion

Staff member
Parker Vac with the laminated celluloid? The easy answer would be the parker 51, but there are still plenty of them to go around.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Celluloid Sheaffer Balance lever fillers, Sheaffer Flat tops

Pelikan has remade 100N and 400, how about some in the 140 shape (M140?)

I would bring back the Parker 51 aerometric or the Sheaffer touchdown with the triumph nib - not fancy pens, but just fantastic workhorses.

In terms of the Pelikans, what would like to see is a return to the old nibs with great spring/give - a small amount of line variation (but definitely not "flex"), but more importantly, just a buttery smooth writing experience.

I'd say the old-style Waterman Ideals with the gold flex nibs, but they'd cost even more than the vintage ones (which are already expensive).

My two selections would be:

1. Parker 51
2. Waterman Le Man 100

These are two of the greatest pens of the last 100 years. The Le Man 100 with the Extra Fine Nib is one of the great nibs of all time. Smooth writing with perfect ink flow.

My first choice would be the Parker 51 because of its affordability (I would assume we simply replace the vintage costs for relative modern costs without taking into account the rarity of materials).

Either that or the Sheaffer Snorkel.

Top Bottom