What's new

If slants are so good why are there so few of them?

While I new to this forum and new to using slants, I'm not new to DE razor shaving using closed comb razors. So far I had 2 shaves with Putali razor and one with X3 and can say that they give closer and most efficient shave than any other razor I have used. Parker 26C is right behind but it not as efficient
I have vintage Merkur coming on Saturday so will try to see where it goes. Not sure if getting 39c is worth trying compared to the X3
I'm also curious if anyone tried to mix ATT open comb slant head parts with the Ikon X3?

I have the Merkur barbers pole slant and its a fantastic razor. I really do like it and when you stretch the skin and shave its so smooth that afterwards i can't feel a single bristle or part of a bristle when rubbing my hand up and down my cheek. The skin is ultra smooth with no nicks etc. If I use it two days running I don't go against the grain the second day as thats a little two much even for my neck and cheek , areas that on other razors I can go ATG every day.
It performs with all my blades except a Feather blade, that for me is too sharp and I get tiny micro cuts. It works perfectly with the other 6 different blades I have.

It performs with all my blades except a Feather blade, that for me is too sharp and I get tiny micro cuts. It works perfectly with the other 6 different blades I have.
I love this place! Help appears when you didn't even know you needed it!

I have shaved with either a Merkur 37C or recently RazoRock German 37 for the last several years. I was using Feather blades in the 37C when I switched to the RR slant so kept that going. I was experiencing the micro cuts Dave9999 mentions but figured I just needed to adjust my shave for the new razor. After reading this post I tried a Personna Red (previously my blade of choice) and had the best shave ever with the German 37.

Thank you!

Top Bottom