What's new

If I were to Try One Aqua Velva-----Which One?

M

modern man

Seriously, I like the Classic Ice Blue, Musk, and Original Sport (green bottle not blue).

I wanna know about AV. Are you talking about the same AV for sale for 4$ at Wal Mart? I used this once (I think it was the ice something) and it irritated my skin sooooooo badly I actually wanted to cry cause it hurted so much. Do they have other "higher level" of quality that I'm not aware of? just for fun!
Thanks!

I wanna know about AV. Are you talking about the same AV for sale for 4$ at Wal Mart? I used this once (I think it was the ice something) and it irritated my skin sooooooo badly I actually wanted to cry cause it hurted so much. Do they have other "higher level" of quality that I'm not aware of? just for fun!
Thanks!

No. That's the one. It's the burn we love. :biggrin:

If you really treat your face well while shaving, it only burns a little, and then there is a gentle cooling.

If you tear your face up, it burns like the devil. For a few seconds. But it's a good burn. And the the cooling kicks in, and your face feels ever so much better than it did before. Much more effective at make an irritated face feel good than any balm I've ever used.

-Mo

For $5 at Wal*Mart you can get the 7.0 oz bottle.
Good to know. I've only seen the 3.5 oz bottle in the brick & mortars I go to for around $4. I was going to order the 7 oz bottle from Drugstore.com as they offer it at a very good price - but if I can save the shipping and buy it at Wally-world I'm all over it.

I can't believe what I'm reading...

I saw this same subject on another forum...

"AQUA VELVA"!!!

Someone put a bullet in me now and put me out of my misery...

He's taking a warm shower knowing that his ShaveMac is soaking in his scuttle. He gets out of the shower to a warm mist filled room and removes the brush from the scuttle and places a small amount of Proraso in the mug. He begins to turn the brush slowly in the mug hearing the clink, clink, clink and smelling the menthol of the Proraso as it permeates the air. He starts to lather his face and feels the massaging action of the brush while smelling the aroma. He grabs his Progress and places a (NOS) Wilkinson blade in the razor and turns the knob to 3. He begins the morning ritual and hears the swish, swish, swish of the razor as it slices through the first layer of stubble. He rinses in warm water and does the same thing two more times. A final rinse of warm water and then cold and then a hand full of Dr Thayers Lavendar Witch Hazel followed by ... "AQUA VELVA"

Come on!!!!!!

PUUULLLLEEEEZZZZ!!!

I can't believe what I'm reading...

I saw this same subject on another forum...

"AQUA VELVA"!!!

Someone put a bullet in me now and put me out of my misery...

He's taking a warm shower knowing that his ShaveMac is soaking in his scuttle. He gets out of the shower to a warm mist filled room and removes the brush from the scuttle and places a small amount of Proraso in the mug. He begins to turn the brush slowly in the mug hearing the clink, clink, clink and smelling the menthol of the Proraso as it permeates the air. He starts to lather his face and feels the massaging action of the brush while smelling the aroma. He grabs his Progress and places a (NOS) Wilkinson blade in the razor and turns the knob to 3. He begins the morning ritual and hears the swish, swish, swish of the razor as it slices through the first layer of stubble. He rinses in warm water and does the same thing two more times. A final rinse of warm water and then cold and then a hand full of Dr Thayers Lavendar Witch Hazel followed by ... "AQUA VELVA"

Come on!!!!!!

PUUULLLLEEEEZZZZ!!!

Sounds like a mighty fine shave to me! No matter what other aftershaves I have in my rotation, I use AV the most bar-none. Just had to buy a new 7oz bottle last weekend. I think I'm addicted to the cooling effect, which is maybe why I sometimes add in a drop of Peppermint EO as well. :drool:

1. I have dry skin
2. Canadian winter is shaping up.

I have the Aqua Velva Green and love the scent, but I can't use more than once or twice week (at this pace, it's super super cheap), and when I do use it, I have to follow it by a heavy balm/moisturizer.

Most of the time, I use the following balms :

Real Shaving Co. (the most moisturizing drugstore balm in my opinion),

Aqua-Velva alcohol-free Ice Balm (nice moisture too, love the scent, although I wish the scent was similar to the Green)

Proraso pre-post, Nivea soothing balm, L'Oreal balm, Brut balm.

Top Bottom