What's new

If I love Merkur 34C, I should try a.............?

Greetings,

I would appreciate suggestions on another razor. Preferably a new, modern, DE. I have many v

Likes-
34C
Pre War Tech
37C

Dislikes-

Aggressive feeling razors-
Old Type single ring
NEW short comb- (I really want to like this one, but I suppose It’s too aggressive for me)

All roads seem to point me back to 34C. 37C is my only other modern DE.

Thanks!

A 34G...:001_cool:
rey_shaves_93101830_844400292740435_6515591846476243257_n.jpg

Cheers

A Merkur 15C (open comb) or a Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Original DOC (dual open comb) might please you in a razor with a different style than the 34C. Both are very affordable, so you are not going out on a limb. Both look toothy, but shave mildly.

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks and spending a little more, a brass Karve with a B plate, or even a super mild A plate might please you. You could pick either SB or OC from Karve with confidence. And you can pick a handle length.

A RazoRock Mamba might be up your alley. You can try a CNC machined stainless razor for not much money. There are plenty of RazoRock choices on the Italian Barber website, but many are out of stock. There are some Mamba cosmetic seconds in stock for $50 right now.

A Merkur 15C (open comb) or a Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Original DOC (dual open comb) might please you in a razor with a different style than the 34C. Both are very affordable, so you are not going out on a limb. Both look toothy, but shave mildly.

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks and spending a little more, a brass Karve with a B plate, or even a super mild A plate might please you. You could pick either SB or OC from Karve with confidence. And you can pick a handle length.

A RazoRock Mamba might be up your alley. You can try a CNC machined stainless razor for not much money. There are plenty of RazoRock choices on the Italian Barber website, but many are out of stock. There are some Mamba cosmetic seconds in stock for $50 right now.

Wow that PAA is a beauty!! Any obvious pluses or minutes when comparing it to the 15C?

Wow that PAA is a beauty!! Any obvious pluses or minutes when comparing it to the 15C?

Both are good quality zamak heads on brass handles. Neither have particularly vocal followings.

The Merkur is a classic.

The Original DOC has an excellent grippy handle, fatter than the Merkur. I think the dual open comb design is a winner, that retains some lather, helps lubrication.

I have also tried the Yaqi and RazoRock SLOC/DOC razors as well. The PAA was my favorite. If you want a heavier SS handle the RR SLOC is the obvious choice.

Both are good quality zamak heads on brass handles. Neither have particularly vocal followings.

The Merkur is a classic.

The Original DOC has an excellent grippy handle, fatter than the Merkur. I think the dual open comb design is a winner, that retains some lather, helps lubrication.

I have also tried the Yaqi and RazoRock SLOC/DOC razors as well. The PAA was my favorite. If you want a heavier SS handle the RR SLOC is the obvious choice.

thank you very much. I am going to seriously consider the PAA. If its similar to the 34c in feel and has those cool looks......

Go for it. When PAA finally sells their last Original DOC razor, they will never bring it back. If you look for opinions on B&B, the consensus is mild and manageable, therefore not very exciting. But I like mine!

I have an aluminum PAA Ascension. It is an entirely different razor and sits on the outer edge of my 'rotation'. But the Ascension is the new thing for PAA.

Top Bottom