What's new

If I love Merkur 34C, I should try a.............?

thank you for the suggestion!

I returned to my 34G today after using some SE razors this week and was reminded as to why I love the 34C/G so much. It’s mild feeling, effortless, and gets a BBS even with my tough whiskers.
You may be surprised to find out how hard it is to beat the 34C/G. However, the Rockwell 6S/C, RazoRock GC, Karve and (for more money) Timeless all have the imo significant advantage of multiple available baseplates, so you can get a "better fit".

Get a Henson AL13 from Henson Shaving. Great mild razor that you can kick up a notch by turning the handle a half turn. Check out the reviews on youtube and in the Clubs section of B and B. It is a new product that has only been around for a couple of months. I have 35 razors (modern, mainstream, vintage and artisan), and the Henson is now in my top 3 rotation. Of course there are the Razorock Lupo and GC .68/,84 which I also love, plus my many adjustable razors (Mergress, Rex Ambassador, etc.).

You may be surprised to find out how hard it is to beat the 34C/G. However, the Rockwell 6S/C, RazoRock GC, Karve and (for more money) Timeless all have the imo significant advantage of multiple available baseplates, so you can get a "better fit".
Yup. I’ve been given this very same advice before and am considering the Rockwell right now. Thanks!

Merkur 1904, it's an OC but I find it even milder than my 34g. Or, on the opposite end of the price spectrum, Feather ASD2 the perfect mild razor.

I went from a 34c to a Blackland Blackbird. Overall awesome razor. More efficient than the 34c but not too aggressive. If you don't want to spend that much, the Fatip Gentile is close in performance and much less expensive.....smooth and efficient. The Blackbird is my favorite razor.

Top Bottom