What's new

If I like the Fatip Piccolo open comb I’ll like….

For folks who’ve been down this path. Say a guy likes the Fatip Open Comb. What’s something in that neighborhood of aggressiveness, efficiency, etc that I may like?

Until I got the Fatip a month or so ago, I’d never used anything besides vintage Gillettes. Just looking for some suggestions on new razors that perform similarly to the Fatip that I may like even more.

- Fatip open comb slant (FOCS)
- Karve CB open comb (around D plate would equal fatip OC)
- for an upgraded OC experience, blackbird OC.

I don't have too much experience with OC as it's not my preferred but these would be in the realm of what I would consider an appropriate upgrade from the fatip OC.

Gillette New Short Comb or Long Comb (prefer SC, myself)
Fatip Open Comb Slant (FOCS) (large, small and wood handles are available)
Razorock German 37 slant (any standard handle will work, try not to go too heavy)

Muhle R41 is a step up in aggressiveness, but not as smooth, IMHO. It is a very close shaver, though. Good for the person that does not shave every day.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If you like a Fatip Piccolo Open Comb, you’re all set.

Master it and make all of us idjits that have spent time and money on other razors after getting and loving a Fatip open comb feel like a barrel of over-medicated aardvarks.

IMG_1141.jpeg

RazoRock Game Changer OC 0.84 and RazoRock Lupo DC or the OC version, both of these are much better than any Fatip *and I have lots of them*. Karve OC "C", and I would say either the aluminium (light) or the $$ (heavy) --- I don't like the stinking brass version.

Edwin Jager 3one6 is the one to sideline my Fatip Picollo. The Muhle Rocca is pretty good too but, is pretty different from the Fatip Picollo.

For ~$65 out of the UK region, it would be my recommendation.

Reversing direction, if I really like my Fatip Open Comb Slant but not the Testina Gentile (bought and sold on BST—too mild), will I like the open comb Piccolo?

Reversing direction, if I really like my Fatip Open Comb Slant but not the Testina Gentile (bought and sold on BST—too mild), will I like the open comb Piccolo?

With that thought, I would say you are best served by either an EJ 3one6 or a Muhle Rocca. Both are a step up from the Testina Gentile.

I love my lo storto OC. I like my piccolo. I will be selling my gentile.

I’m only 2 shaves into the Green Cult 1.1 but it has amazed me with each shave.

Top Bottom