What's new

If I had to use only one shaving soap from now on, I would use......

I have the Felce Aromatica and the Dolomiti and they are my go to soaps.

Scent wise I give the edge to the Felce since I love a good fougere scent.

The Dolomiti has a light powdery bergamot/lemon scent. Originally I just liked it. But since it has grown on me and I can't compare it to anything else.

As you mentioned its just an all around great performer. I swear if blind folded shavers would think this soap contains tallow.

Look forward to adding some more of there other soaps to my rotation. As soon as I make room in the den.
I’m the same. It’s such a good performer and the fougere is really on point. Smells natural, bright and green. Dolomiti has a strong following and it’s currently high on my must try list. From the description Tundra could be very nice too. I just wish that they hadn’t discontinued the limited edition tins. I’d love to get my hands on one but they are as rare as hens teeth.

Last edited:
Without a doubt Murphy and McNeil Nantahala. As this is a limited production soap, Declaration Grooming Milksteak would be my choice. I find myself reaching for it more than anything lately.

vintage-williams-shaving-mug-brush..jpg

There can be only one answer to such a question.

*only* soap.
OK, that's a trickier question than it at first appears. Only soap means it has to be portable for travel from tradeshows to extended trips to BFE, must work with any water, must not have a scent that collides with any cologne or any scent in and of itself strong enough to get old after years of use, and is affordable whether you're in the chips or not. The only two shaving lubricants I know of that fit those bills are Palmolive stick and Noxzema (technically not a soap)

So... if it's "only" and "soap" then... Palmolive Stick. Unfortunately the looney brigands just stopped making it ;-)

Noxzema it is! (Or CeraVe, actually. Traveling and used it this morning before I had access to water and it worked fine - decent comfortable 2pass with a Personna Lab Blue in a Gillette Heritage which I brought because it came in a case and I was packing on short notice tossing things into a backpack) Go figure. All the pompe and circumstance I usually accord to such things and I got a perfectly good shave using the selfie-cam on my phone, hand lotion, no water or aftershave, just a hand-towel to wipe down after shaving. Lol

Last edited:
I would have expected someone to put Mike’s forward by now. It’s a very close second for me.

Top Bottom