What's new

If I had to use only one shaving brush from now on, I would use......

I can't just pick one. All muh brushes are used for different purposes. It all depends if I want to face lather or bowl lather. Choice of brush is also affected by the soap I use wether it be a cream or hard soap. Depends also how my skin is doing if I have irritation I might pick a very soft synthetic. If I have some in growns I might choose muh Semogue 830 or Omega S for a face lather.

Fun thread!
For me it would be one that I think is often overlooked. Vie-long 16601, a two band badger.
proxy.php

The one on the right is my first, liked it so much I ordered a second one - which is slightly different. I think the one of the right is the same as the aforeitado 2012. At 21/50 it's ideal for my face-lathering.

Semogue 830 boar. I have a semogue badger and two boar, the 830 is my favourite. Amazed I'm the only semogue fan so far

Oh, I don't know if I'd say that. I'd feel wrong trying to contribute an actual answer to this thread because I just CAN'T choose, but my Semogue Owners Club boar is pretty much perfect. Somehow it has excellent backbone that I consider ideal for bowl lathering, but it also splays immediately on the face for face lathering. Thing's incredible.

I love the SHD two band badger form Maggard razors. This is a handle I made. I first made the blank out of black linen, polyester resin and aluminum shavings, then turned and finished it.

Here it is from yesterdays shave to see how the knot has bloomed

Forgot to mention the knot is a 28mm. I also have a Maggard 26mm two band badger in a @Graydog handle that is wonderful. Here is a picture of that one.

Very smart eyesofgrey. I see they all visited the hair stylist before having their picture taken. :thumbsup:

That’s the great thing about the latest synthetics, you can use them for years & they look and feel exactly the same as the first day you set the knot.

Big commercial builder: Simpson Emperor in size 2 ("just right")

I have to give a significant nod to Rudy's white & red group buy from a few years back. Very close call.

Top Bottom