What's new

If All Russian Blades Were To Stop Production

Feather
7 ocklock black (india)
Personna med prep
gillette wilkinson sword (India)
wilkinson sword (german)

Hi,

Would not matter to me. I have been using Personna Med Preps and Lab Blues since the late 1980s. Back then, the blades disappeared from the drug stores (they had disappeared from the grocery store years earlier) so I went to the surgical supply shop. Plus, they are made only a couple hundred miles away - the only US made blades I know of.

Stan

I wouldn't notice. I'm not really crazy for any of the Russian blades. I prefer the various Lord brands from Egypt.

Shark SS
Big Ben SS
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Indian)
Bolzano
Wilkinson Sword (German)
My supply of 500+ Voskhods, Silver Blues, 7 O'Clock SS, Rapira XXXs, etc.

If there were no more Russian blades available, what other blade or blades would you use?

Lock your doors Baby, the invasion is on!!!! I be loading the Fat Boy and headed East!!!

Realistically, I do OK with Crystals and Wilkinsons. The Crystals can be a bit tuggy at times and the the Wilkies harder to get a bbs shave from for me. I'm a bit less OK with the Israeli Reds but can live with them too. I'd be very, very sad. But I could survive.

Now, where did I put my helmet????

I'd probably go with Personna Blues as daily shavers. Frankly those will probably disappear before the Russian blades.

I hope you're right for sake of all new and future DE shavers,, I have a lifetime supply of all,,
the awesome blades that I love to use. ...So if you're right the Personnas ,, which to Me are, ,
terrible over rated blades that benefit solely on a Jingoism mentality will disappear first...

I hope you're right for sake of all new and future DE shavers,, I have a lifetime supply of all,,
the awesome blades that I love to use. ...So if you're right the Personnas ,, which to Me are, ,
terrible over rated blades that benefit solely on a Jingoism mentality will disappear first...

Well the Personna Labs are certainly competent blades no matter where they are made. As always YMMV!

My favorite two blades are from Greece (Bic Chrome Platinum) and Egypt (Shark Super Chrome) - even after trying many different Russian blades.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Although my very favorite blades are currently Russian, I could easily live off Japanese, Indian, Israeli and American blades with no issues. I do like many blades from many lands. I probably have a couple of thousand blades on stock now, so in the event of this happening, I would just buy more stockpile of my favs while I could. Otherwise I would make do with other blades I like from elsewhere.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Med Preps are very sharp (not quite as sharp as Feather) and top of the class for longevity. I'd probably go with them.

While I like many of the russian blades I've used, I would not have a problem switching to something else. Lab Blue, Indian 7OC Blacks, Israeli Red, Derby, etc all work just fine for me also.
As I gain more experience and try different blades, I am finding I can use blades I struggled with in the past and could probably get used to most anything, except the Graham Field Prep blade...

Top Bottom