What's new

Identifying a couple of razors.

Instead of making threads every now and then, i've decided to wait until I find more than one razor, which i'm not aware about and post them all here. Also, I don't own any of these razors and I just randomly found them.

I know it's a New Deluxe, but I can't find from which set it came from. The knurling pattern on the handle is different than the tuckaway handles that I've seen on other Deluxe models and it's similar to the New Improved tuckaway handles. Also, the head seems like the 15mm version, which I've only seen with the common bar handle as part of the black and red sets. Could it be a mismatched head and handle combo?

sasasa.jpg

The razor on the second photo is obviously a Goodwill, but I was unable to find which exact model this one is.

s-l16003232.jpg

The third one is a complete mystery to me. I have no idea if it's a DE or even a cartridge razor.

s-l1600гфгф.jpg

R

romsitsa

Hello,

Gillette Red&black Deluxe. It is a New Deluxe handle with a Norfolk knob.
Gillette Goodwill 175
Gillette Canadian army set (Tech)

R

romsitsa

So the Deluxe is a mismatch?
I's legit. 15 and 12 mm Deluxe heads were used with Husky or common bar handles. Or with cut down Big Boy or standard Belmont/Criterion tubes mated with a Norfolk knob. Neck pieces were machined flat or standard. With Deluxe or New caps.
It was a mix and match of all available parts.

I's legit. 15 and 12 mm Deluxe heads were used with Husky or common bar handles. Or with cut down Big Boy or standard Belmont/Criterion tubes mated with a Norfolk knob. Neck pieces were machined flat or standard. With Deluxe or New caps.
It was a mix and match of all available parts.

I see. Can you tell from this photo if this one has the proper Deluxe top cap or a NEW cap?

123123asds.jpg

R

romsitsa

Looks more like New than De luxe. There is not much difference but the De luxes are better defined and more crisp, if this makes sense.

Looks more like New than De luxe. There is not much difference but the De luxes are better defined and more crisp, if this makes sense.

Which one of these have the proper top caps? I can't seem to find any clear pictures to see the differences between the top caps.

new deluxe.png

Top Bottom