What's new

Identify This Razor From AsylumGuido's Display Case

I just bought this model razor on the bay. It timed out with no bids so I scooped it up. I have no idea what it is, but I noticed one in AG's display case.

Little help? Thanks in advance.

proxy.php

Pureslab is now making these in stainless steel.

Nope. He is probably making something vaguely similar, but the last of these were made around 60 years ago. Over the year many similar razors were produced by numerous companies, but there is only one original Fat Handle Tech. I simply do not see the attraction in using something newer than me.

Wow- that being the case, if the one I got is in reasonable condition, I got a steal. Now I'm excited, thanks AG!

Wow- that being the case, if the one I got is in reasonable condition, I got a steal. Now I'm excited, thanks AG!

Gillette Techs (both Fat Handled and Ball End) are quite common. They regularly sell on the B/S/T here for $15-20 depending on condition. Superspeeds, and Gillette Techs are likely the most common razors you will find for sale in Antique shops. (correct me if I am wrong.)

Although common, Gillette Tech's are also one of the best all around razors, and one of the best razors to learn on, as they are mild, and very forgiving of less than perfect technique.

There is a reason why several companies still product Gillette Tech clones to this day. :thumbup1:

Gillette Techs (both Fat Handled and Ball End) are quite common. They regularly sell on the B/S/T here for $15-20 depending on condition. Superspeeds, and Gillette Techs are likely the most common razors you will find for sale in Antique shops. (correct me if I am wrong.)

Yes this one was described poorly and I was watching it as there were no bidders. I'm familiar with the ball end Tech but didn't know what this one was. Got it well under market so I'm pleased, looking again at the pic it appears to be in very good shape. Seeing a '69 Super Speed right now well on its way to $30; there are still some inconsistencies in the market to be sure.

The Tech will have to be a helluva shaver to displace my short comb NEW, which I would marry if I could. I love that thing. It has pushed my Slant out of the #1 spot, which I didn't think any razor could ever do.

Top Bottom