What's new

Identification Help

Good Morning Everyone,

I’ve been collecting for a while, I’ve mostly found post WW2 Gillette’s in my local antique shops but yesterday I found this Gillette 3 piece. Serial #D762683
Handle has “Pat Nov 15 04”

In researching the files from previous threads I haven’t had any luck narrowing this down. I think it is from 1917-1930’s, but I couldn’t find any associated photos with spiral knurling except on the British Aristocrats TTO, but not on the 3 piece.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wes

image.jpg

First off Thank you!!! It was driving me crazy.

Second, I plan on keeping it. I love the spiral knurling, when I saw it, I thought I found a unicorn British aristocrat for $6, then I got a closer look at the head. Either way it was a successful hunt. LOL

No matter what though, thanks for clearing it up for me!

Wes

Spiral knurling is often referred to as Barber Pole fwiw. Very popular for modern knock offs, let's not forget where it came from ;) I've got a few of the Gillette variety...
1934 Aristocrat (the first ever Gillette TTO)
1938 No. 15 French Aristocrat
1951 Executive
They're worth a few dollars ;)
16321542612348346737010039030959.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

I’ve been collecting for a while, I’ve mostly found post WW2 Gillette’s in my local antique shops but yesterday I found this Gillette 3 piece. Serial #D762683
Handle has “Pat Nov 15 04”

In researching the files from previous threads I haven’t had any luck narrowing this down. I think it is from 1917-1930’s, but I couldn’t find any associated photos with spiral knurling except on the British Aristocrats TTO, but not on the 3 piece.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wes

View attachment 1331496
Nice. If the handle is not cracked you have a gem.
100_9499.JPG
100_9501.JPG
100_9502.JPG

There is a hairline split at the top. Where do you all find razor sets like that? I hunt my antique stores, I’ve never found anything on this level.
I have found most of my collection online. I almost never find nice sets in the wild. The Bulldog you discovered is a very nice find even with the split in the handle. Congrats!

Top Bottom