What's new

ideas on a third fragrance

Want one more fragrance

I have sauvage edp and terre d Hermes edt
Was thinking BP Daytona or ysl la nuit intense

Edit. Zoo panda also on my radar

Any thoughts on these or something else?

I'm no expert here but...

Creed Royal Mayfair can be had on Fragrancenet for a very reasonable price.
I just bought a bottle of Mancera Cedrat Boise off of MaxAroma and I'm really enjoying it as well.

Fragrancenet, fragrancex and Maxaroma are all sites that are deemed legit when purchasing colognes at very much reduced prices.

I picked up a sample of Replica Music Festival from the local Sephora and I'm enjoying it quite a bit as well. Not really reduced prices here but you can stop in there and they'll give you three samples a day of whatever colognes you'd like to try that they sell. A nice way to get to try quite a few without incurring any cost. While I'll purchase primarily online at the trusted sites I will occasionally buy something from them (usually for my wife) to at least give them some business. Not many of the niche brands but I've see some Tom Ford unisex offerings as well as some Maison Martin Margiela Replica and a few other less well known ones. They do have most all of the department store available ones so you can knock those out there. I won't buy a cologne unless I've worn it at least a couple times prior to be sure that I like it on my skin so this gives you that opportunity.

Maybe some more information about your likes and what you're looking for would be helpful in getting some recommendations from the guys that know a lot more about this than I do. Then pick up some samples of the ones that interest you.

I do like some of the the Zoologist colognes with Panda likely being my favorite from them. If you're going to buy this one maybe check out Groomatorium as you can get the cologne and matching shave soap as a package deal. The soap is very good but not great performance wise but scent wise it's excellent.

The biggest key to finding what you really like it to try samples first before you buy the expensive bottles.

I pretty much use tdh for work and also due matching up with Stirling arkadia products and sauvage for everything else
I'm wanting a third that can complement the other two but not be close if that makes sense. Maybe something crisp or fresh maybe watery? I think the two I have are not that great for the 100 plus temps

Something that I can wear to friends, movies, church and take some strain off the sauvage I don't club so nothing super bold

Hope that helps. Maybe I should look at Beaver it's watery? I was originally thinking la nuit series as I've seen the word powder with it
I've never smelt Daytona but I think it's a light aventus like

Hope this helps

Watery as in aquatic? I think a ton of people will probably recommend Nautica Voyage. If you're going to be wearing it to Church and for high heat, I'd try to go for something not that strong or threatening in nature, that most couldn't possibly be offended by it like Mugler Cologne. I've been using John Varvatos Artisan Pure in high heat, which is a really nice citrus. Lucky for you, Sauvage and TDH are pretty versatile and work well in a lot of situations, so you could always just ease back on the trigger with those if you're going to church.

If you're looking for cheap, try Sun Java White for men by Franck Olivier or a 4711 scent.
If you're looking to spend a little more $$, then I'd suggest Au The Vert by Bulgari.
If you need more try a 3 pack sample from the Creed Boutique @ $30.
They allow you to pick 3...
Aventus
Green Irish Tweed
Himalaya
Millesime Imperial
Royal Oud
Silver Mountain Water
Viking
Royal Mayfair
Original Vetiver
Original Santal

Aftershave longevity is what sent me over to EDT's & EDP's.
And I thought the shaving hobby was getting pricey... I had no idea what lay ahead.

I pretty much use tdh for work and also due matching up with Stirling arkadia products and sauvage for everything else
I'm wanting a third that can complement the other two but not be close if that makes sense. Maybe something crisp or fresh maybe watery? I think the two I have are not that great for the 100 plus temps

Something that I can wear to friends, movies, church and take some strain off the sauvage I don't club so nothing super bold

Hope that helps. Maybe I should look at Beaver it's watery? I was originally thinking la nuit series as I've seen the word powder with it
I've never smelt Daytona but I think it's a light aventus like

Hope this helps

I saw that you mentioned Panda earlier and Beaver as well. The Zoologist fragrances don't strike me as being crisp or watery. Certainly not aquatic, at least the one's I've tried which include most of them. They are excellent and change throughout the day unlike many of the department store colognes. Think of Bat as standing in a cave with mineral, wet dirt and ozone smells as it really takes you right there. Beaver should smell like the inside of a Beaver's den which doesn't remind me of the ocean.

They offer a sample pack that includes 13 different scents for $58. I've tried all in this set with the exception of Moth and Hyrax. Panda was likely my favorite. Some like Hummingbird, Macaque, Nightingale and Dragonfly were a bit too feminine for me and went right to the wife and daughter to try. Beaver was quite nice and one that I was rather fond of as well. More of an experience than just a simple scent but as a light summer fragrance I'm not sure.

These are excellent and definitely worth doing as an entry into what some of the niche fragrances can offer that the dept store stuff doesn't, but if you're looking for something clean and crisp maybe they don't really fit there.

In searching the reviews for a clean fresh scent (where cost isn't an issue) you're going to get a lot of recommendations for Creed Aventus. It's clean, fresh and not boring at all. Just a really well done scent that seems to be universally well liked. The negative is that it's a bit pricey and it's been copied a lot so there are some lesser priced clones out there. Some are very well done and others not so much.

One of the Creed Aventus knock offs might be nice for a cheap pickup to wear to work or on a hot summer day. It definitely fits the bill for a crisp clean fragrance. I bought some Zara - Vibrant Leather ) off of the Zara site (around $45 for 4 oz.) as well as a bottle of Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man EDT (around $30 for 3.6 oz) off of Amazon and both would fit the need well. Of the two I prefer the Zara offering. I've gone through a bottle of the AB Lomani Silver as well but these are quite a bit better and both are cheap enough to buy blind. These smell enough like Aventus that they may even fool some people, but they're cheap enough to wear every day without giving it a second thought. The Zara one would be a good choice for a clean fresh scent that's not going to break the bank. It even gets me compliments from the wife and she's really picky when it comes to fragrances.

Aftershave longevity is what sent me over to EDT's & EDP's.
And I thought the shaving hobby was getting pricey... I had no idea what lay ahead.
Exactly...The rabbit hole is just as deep and never seems to get filled however much you spend. But at least you smell nice lol!

Thanks so far for the ideas. Im going to think on some of the Creed wannabes. Creed scares me. When I started getting watches I used to cringe at the prices untill I broke the price barrier. Same with safety razors once I broke the price barrier I went numb

I fear if I break a price barrier on fragrance I'll suck up a bunch of serious high dollar items

Creed prices aren't too bad on the secondary sites I listed in an earlier post. For example, I paid $141 for a 4oz bottle of Creed Royal Mayfair. So definitely higher than a Dept store cologne but not anywhere near the crazy high retail prices at the Creed Botique.

Do check out those sites no matter what cologne you buy though. I've ordered from them many times.

Top Bottom