What's new

Id & Info please - Wilkinson Sword Razor

Hi B&B

I bought a Wilkinson Sword Safety Razor at an antique shop today.

I would appreciate any information about this razor - Id, age, value etc.

The razor and case are in mint condition, in fact the razor looks like it has never been used. The case has a nice compartment on the back for blades, but there are no blades with this set. The cardboard box and included instructions simply refer to the razor as "The Wilkinson Sword razor". Both the box and the razor say "Made in England".

Thanks in advance
Paul

That is what they call a Wilkinson Sword "Sticky." And it's a nice snag - relatively rare. Hard to tell when they were manufactured, maybe in the 50s-60s? Here are a few links:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2508

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6675

Great find! Maybe someone else here will be able to give you more info about this wonderful looking razor. :tongue_sm

Thanks for the links.

I had no idea what I was buying, I just liked the look of the razor and it was in mint condition. Based on the information in the links it sounds like I might have picked up something fairly rare.

I believe these were made from the late sixties until the late seventies.
It's a great razor. Though many feel it is "mild," I find that it gives me excellent shaves, especially when paired with a NOS Wilkinson blade.

I also understand that it was given a design award, but I don't know much about that. I do think the design is uncommonly sleek and elegant.

These don't come up on eBay very often, but in this condition, I think they would fetch in the range of $200-300 USD (or more, if a bidding war ensued).

Very nice score!

Thats a great score, rarely come up on the bay, and when thay do, they sell high:thumbup1:

This is one of my favorite razors. I have four of them. Now that is RAD.
I have two of them that are new in boxes like your purchase and then two others that are used, but very nice. I use them frequently and love them.
I have a fairly mild beard, they work well for my normal shave.

Great find!

I believe these were made from the late sixties until the late seventies.
It's a great razor. Though many feel it is "mild," I find that it gives me excellent shaves, especially when paired with a NOS Wilkinson blade.

I also understand that it was given a design award, but I don't know much about that. I do think the design is uncommonly sleek and elegant.

These don't come up on eBay very often, but in this condition, I think they would fetch in the range of $200-300 USD (or more, if a bidding war ensued).

Very nice score!

Thanks for the info Marc.

I am staggered by the prices these razors go for. I picked this one up for $30.

While it may be tempting to sell it for a reasonable profit I am more inclined to keep it and use it.

Top Bottom