What's new

ID a Christmas present

My wife got me this and I'm having trouble pinning it down. At first I thought the handle and head were mismatched but now I'm just not sure. Cheers! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388603478.994314.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388603487.780866.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388603495.008994.jpg

Patent 1912------ 1919 ER design, They had different handles. Yours is a ornate/linked handle design.$Capture.jpg

Last edited:
That is a patent 1924, aka, the "shovel head".

Alex, the razor if your first picture is a 1914, "little lather catcher"

Last edited:
I love that handle for the Art Deco effect while still being grippy and user-friendly. I have no idea how the "shovelhead" shaves.

I love that handle for the Art Deco effect while still being grippy and user-friendly. I have no idea how the "shovelhead" shaves.
The '24 is an aggressive shaver, for sure. It's loud, requires a somewhat unusual angle, and puts a lot of blade on the skin. But once mastered, it can deliver an uber-close shave. Not for everyone; guys tend to either love it or hate it, but by all means, you should give it a go. If you like aggressive razors, it could be your ticket.

The '24 is an aggressive shaver, for sure. It's loud, requires a somewhat unusual angle, and puts a lot of blade on the skin. But once mastered, it can deliver an uber-close shave. Not for everyone; guys tend to either love it or hate it, but by all means, you should give it a go. If you like aggressive razors, it could be your ticket.

I feel the same way about the 1924.

The 1924 is the prime example of the buttering toast SE razor because you will quickly find out it gives good audio feedback. You will here the loud sound of what some people would describe as buttering toast. I found that it gives little tactile feedback as to what the blade is doing so the angle must be spot on or you will be bitten. It's the only SE razor that makes me keep the right angle without losing concentration it's a solid great shaver.

I used it yesterday for my first shave of 2014 and really enjoyed it. I find the angle and face feel to be better than my 1912, which I've only used a handful of times. Still need to pin down the SE thing. Really enjoy my injector but my Ever Readys are taking some more work.

Anywho, thanks for the help with pinning this thing down!

Top Bottom