What's new

Ice Water?

DE31175B-77AD-4219-B724-5E8F55E95B29.jpeg
Gents,

I go over the top in pursuit of the best shave possible…I search out different razors, hones, etc etc, try my best to master them all, mix and match…and do way more than the ordinary gent who simply uses more expeditious and less expensive means to remove hair from their face.

It is somewhat ridiculous, but I am still passionate, and having fun!

I also enjoy splashing cold tap water on my face after the shave. Today I was inspired, and I prepped a bowl of ice water. It took an extra 30 seconds, and man I loved it!

Does anyone else use a bow of ice water? If you haven’t tried it, it’s great!

Vr

Matt

PS. As ridiculous as it is…now I will probably get a much nice bowl just for the ice water in each shave. It never ends!

Yes, I have done this, and I liked it a lot. I compromise a bit now and use a refrigerator-cold bottle of water to rinse between passes and at the end of the shave. This lets me keep my tap water on the warm side for rinsing the razor head and adding a little water to the lather. The cold water is so refreshing.

Gents,

I go over the top in pursuit of the best shave possible…I search out different razors, hones, etc etc, try my best to master them all, mix and match…and do way more than the ordinary gent who simply uses more expeditious and less expensive means to remove hair from their face.

It is somewhat ridiculous, but I am still passionate, and having fun!

I also enjoy splashing cold tap water on my face after the shave. Today I was inspired, and I prepped a bowl of ice water. It took an extra 30 seconds, and man I loved it!

Does anyone else use a bow of ice water? If you haven’t tried it, it’s great!

Vr

Matt

PS. As ridiculous as it is…now I will probably get a much nice bowl just for the ice water in each shave. It never ends!
Ohhh Yeah, I am a daily user of ice water for the in-between passes and the end of shave rinsing...really wonderful but then again I am from a hot and humid place... 😝😆
20211119_064317.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I know of one other fellow who used iced water for rinsing at one time, not sure if he still indulges in this practice.
I have never used ice but I do enjoy using cold water rinses after each pass of shaving, it calms the skin possibly, If my brain says it likes it so I keep doing it for the last 3 years.

I allways cold water rinse after each shave, especially sosps and mentholated splashes,,, beware noble Otter northern elixer, i use water and separate water bowl few cubes💨

I finish with a cold water rinse then dab dry. It's funny you wouldn't think dabbing or water temp would make a difference but it does, I have heard the cold constricts the blood vessels helping with irritation and in the summer the cold water shave is always a nice relaxing experience.

I did this again today…every shave now…except, in addition, I rubbed on of the pieces of ice all over like an alum block!

Reactions: JPO
Top Bottom