What's new

I'am looking for basil scented soap?

Eleven Shaving has a Lime & Basil scent. I have not used that one, but Eleven soap is excellent. I was able to smell the Lime & Basil aftershave, and it is wonderful. I do not recall the basil being prominent, but I will purchase in the future.

Description from the Eleven Shaving website:

Lime and Basil: Bright and crisp Mexican lime rounded off with a bit of basil.

Julien base ingredients:

Stearic Acid, Water, Tallow, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Castor Oil, Mango Butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk, Sodium Lactate, Allantoin, Tocopherol Acetate

PAA's fresco has basil notes up front- not a pure basil scent but i would say the basil is prominent- it doesn't dry into basil, so if that's what you're looking for then i have no idea.

If you're looking for straight up basil scent I'd go with an unscented soap and get some Basil EO and add a few drops to your lather. The soaps listed here have basil listed in their scent profile, but whether any would have a strong basil note that you're looking for is unknown to me.

House of Mammoth Alive
Southern Witchcraft Grothorum Tonstrina
Wickham Soap Magnum
Master Soap Creations Vintage Fabergē
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Et Tu
ETHOS Fresco
Oaken Lab Conservatory

Eleven Shaving has a Lime & Basil scent. I have not used that one, but Eleven soap is excellent. I was able to smell the Lime & Basil aftershave, and it is wonderful. I do not recall the basil being prominent, but I will purchase in the future.

Description from the Eleven Shaving website:

Lime and Basil: Bright and crisp Mexican lime rounded off with a bit of basil.

Julien base ingredients:

Stearic Acid, Water, Tallow, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Castor Oil, Mango Butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk, Sodium Lactate, Allantoin, Tocopherol Acetate

I love the scent of basil and the Lime and Basil combination was what brought me to Musgo Real (when their tubes sold for $7 IIRC). Sadly Lima and Basil was one of the scents that they discontinued.

B.

Hmm, how about bourbon??

basil hayden april 2 2018.jpg

Has anyone tried this soap before and have any ideas with the products of this brand?

Los Jabones de Joserra Mint Evolution
basil straight out of the pot..

Attachments

• JJ12142021-510x510.png
    JJ12142021-510x510.png
    68 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom