What's new

I would love some Synthetic brush recommendations, something that splays easier and has softer tips than a Tuxedo knot

Great splay, silky soft tips, beautiful handle design and budget friendly. What's not to love in a Trafalgar brush?
I couldn’t agree more with this. I would love to see them offered with the platinum fibers as well. Though I’m sure if I contacted Simpson’s about it they might do a custom order

You're right but I might just opt for the 23mm instead. It's 54 euro with free shipping which is absolutely fine, the XL 25mm is 70 euro which is a big difference. You reckon the 23mm will be fine?

I realize I'm a little late to the thread and haven't read through it all yet, but just wanted to share that I have both 21mm and 23mm Muhle STF brushes and I use the 21 more than the 23. It picks up more than enough lather for each pass. I've never been a fan of any brush larger than 24mm though so take my opinions with a grain of salt. To me the bigger brushes just require more soap.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I realize I'm a little late to the thread and haven't read through it all yet, but just wanted to share that I have both 21mm and 23mm Muhle STF brushes and I use the 21 more than the 23. It picks up more than enough lather for each pass. I've never been a fan of any brush larger than 24mm though so take my opinions with a grain of salt. To me the bigger brushes just require more soap.
Muehle STF are the best synthetics, except maybe for a Wald. I used a 19 mm STF for years as my travel brush and it is a super little brush. On the road I normally facelather with cream, so a little dollop cream is fine for at least 3 passes.

Top Bottom