What's new

I would like...

I have a RazoRock Black Hawk. I like it a lot, but have trouble dealing with the width of the razor. So, it doesn't get much use. My fantasy is a Hawk that uses Schick Injector blades. What do you guys think??

I have one also. I don't like it.
To Mild and to Light.
I have shaved with it 8 times always end up finishing with my Rockwell 6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My recently acquired Schick Dial is pretty nice.

IMAG0154_1.jpg

Supply provision may work for you, it's sold out at the moment though.

The Single Edge

I have a RazoRock Black Hawk. I like it a lot, but have trouble dealing with the width of the razor. So, it doesn't get much use. My fantasy is a Hawk that uses Schick Injector blades. What do you guys think??

I think that you should just get a Schick injector--they use Schick blades. Even better, get a Type L or later and use the Schick II twin blades. They're every bit as good as the AC blades.

I was curious, with the Supply Provision Injector razor, can it be loaded manually? Or do you have to use the "injector loading system"?

@xxvalera, I have several Schick Injector razors. I just really like the look and feel of the RazoRock Hawk and think an injector version would be a really good razor too!

@rabidus I checked out the Supply Provision link. It seems interesting. A lot of info, except for price is listed. How much is it?

I think that you should just get a Schick injector--they use Schick blades. Even better, get a Type L or later and use the Schick II twin blades. They're every bit as good as the AC blades.

+1 great advice. No need to spend the big bucks on a modern razor with so many great vintage SE out there.

I just really like the look and feel of the RazoRock Hawk and think an injector version would be a really good razor too!

I was thinking the same thing about the General.

With all the injector razor around, there probably wouldn't be a lot of interest. There were no AC SE razors around.

It will be interesting to see how the modern GEM razors turn out. I'm looking for the words mild and efficient in the reviews, whenever someone says that, it's my type of razor.

I have the Hawk and except for one spot I have no problems with it's width. Why does it bother you?

I have several Hawks and Generals, as well as a Cobra Classic and and Asylum Rx. While I still love my vintage SE's and injectors and use them regularly, an AC blade razor has become my choice when I just need a great shave. While there are only a few areas on my face on which I can utilize the full width of the blade, it still reduces shaving time significantly.

While it felt a little awkward at first, the additional width has become a non-issue with me. In fact, when I first switch to another type of razor it feels kind of, well, narrow. With additional use I imagine that the same thing will happen to you.

I would agree that if for some reason you cannot adjust to it, a vintage injector may be just the ticket. They are cheap and readily available.

--Bob

For me the Hawk / General has largely rendered DE razors obsolete for me. I do now have a small but nice museum of DE razors that are fun to look at, but don’t really see any use anymore.

If I find the need to take a break from the AC format, I generally turn to a vintage GEM / Every Ready. That doesn't happen very often though.

I have the Aluma-Hawk and most of the rest of the AC weilders. I also have the Supply. In general, the Supply's shave is not as lasting, generally about 6 hours before I feel roughage, using the 3 plate, but it is pretty comparable to the Aluma-Hawk.

I knocked the blade-stops down using 400 then 600 diamond plates on the Supply, and it is really my favorite "mild" shaver. For reference, my top-all favorite is the RX.:001_cool:

Edit: I believe Supply had a 5 or 10% discount, if you signed up for the mailing list. Don't know if that's still active.

Top Bottom