What's new

I want to shave as fast as this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuuuvuOzB7U

Total time around 4 minutes. That's almost the same time it takes me to do a cartridge shave. With school, a full time job, and requisite time to be spent with the wife and kid (which I would not give up for anything), I find it hard to squeeze in a full blown prep+shave routine.

Any old timers out there notice anything in the video apart from this guy's skill with a straight that might be helping? Is it the extremely hot water?

Last edited:
I used to str8 shave like that..but it always got uncomfortable..so a little skin stretching helped alot..hes lucky as he doesnt have a thick, coarse beard..thats a different visua...
I have seen that guy do a few other vids..he definitely knows what hes doingas his other vids are more detailed.

ST

When I use my straight I want to take my time, really get into it, and enjoy the process. Why rush? :confused1

Also that first guy nicked himself a couple of times. :cursing:

Any old timers out there notice anything in the video apart from this guy's skill with a straight that might be helping? Is it the extremely hot water?[/QUOTE]

a good and very sharp razor helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuuuvuOzB7U

Total time around 4 minutes. That's almost the same time it takes me to do a cartridge shave. With school, a full time job, and requisite time to be spent with the wife and kid (which I would not give up for anything), I find it hard to squeeze in a full blown prep+shave routine.

Any old timers out there notice anything in the video apart from this guy's skill with a straight that might be helping? Is it the extremely hot water?

I've watched it many times, and still get a kick out of him. But I cut my thumb down to the tendon and had stitches in a pure accident, so trying to copy him would be suicidal for me.

Until I get it down to about 15 minutes, I can't straight shave every day, so I've got some DE razors for those other days (1 to 4 times during the work week). I'll get up about an hour earlier to give myself plenty of time on days I perform surgery with the straight. But I'm really committed to getting my technique STRAIGHTened out. :wink2:

Jeebus! And dang you guys, you make me want to straight shave tomorrow morning...Seriously though I don't have time, so NO. No repeats of my attempt at quick shaving (certainly not when I am still under 100 shaves [under half a dozen right now lol]).

Top Bottom