What's new

I want to get balmed.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Great list!!

My approach is just a bit different: I apply AS splash, then if I need it a skin cream, such as CeraVe or Neutragena. The main thing is to figure out what works for you!!
+1 on the CeraVe. Soothes and relaxes any post-shave tightness.

Yes, it appears that way.
Here's the plan.
2020 will be a year with Haslingers shaving soaps and I'm going to explore balms.
Captains Choice, Proraso, Stirling, and Speick have been on the radar or a while.
Truefett & Hill, L' Occitane Cade, and DR. Harris Arlington are new additions to an expanding list of choices. I will have to find a nice Sandalwood scented balm for my wife. She loves sandalwood.
I'm working down my soap inventory and am in the ring of death with Venture, Schaffmilch, and Bay Rum soaps.
I will use Cella and Speick until year end and then start the Year With Haslingers.
The forecast for 2020 is a balmy year with smooth shaving ahead.

If you like Haslinger, and you’re looking for Sandalwood, you should try the Haslinger Sandalwood AS Balm. Maggard’s has it for $12.50. I enjoy mine.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

It's all YOUR FAULT!!!!!

... oh "bALmed". Oops.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have been happily using Nivea balms after I shave.
proxy.php

"Mr. Schnitzel52 ..."
proxy.php

"Helloo ..."

proxy.php

"Nivea balm zero point two ... fat, drunk, and sticky-faced is no way to go through life, son."

proxy.php

Do what I did and find yourself a good sunscreen facial lotion, and get double-duty, soothing balm and solar protection.

Avoid this:
proxy.php

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Nancy Boy balm is good (the best if you really tear yourself up)
Duke Cannon balm is good (the best if you like menthol and want a longer lasting scent)
Dr Carvers balm is good (no better than the Williams)
Williams 5 in 1 balm is good (no better than the Dr. Carvers)
Bevel balm is good (the scent is the one I like best and it's a little better than the Williams or the Dr. Carvers, maybe not quite as good as the Nancy Boy. My only strike against the Nancy Boy is it is mostly aloe so will leave you with the sticky face feel, whereas the others dry down more.)

They all work well.

proxy.php

"Mr. Schnitzel52 ..."
proxy.php

"Helloo ..."

proxy.php

"Nivea balm zero point two ... fat, drunk, and sticky-faced is no way to go through life, son."

proxy.php

Do what I did and find yourself a good sunscreen facial lotion, and get double-duty, soothing balm and solar protection.

Avoid this:
proxy.php

Yes! Avoid this.
I married into a family with skin cancers, solar sensitivity and skin problems. Take good care of yourself.!

Nancy Boy balm is good (the best if you really tear yourself up)
Duke Cannon balm is good (the best if you like menthol and want a longer lasting scent)
Dr Carvers balm is good (no better than the Williams)
Williams 5 in 1 balm is good (no better than the Dr. Carvers)
Bevel balm is good (the scent is the one I like best and it's a little better than the Williams or the Dr. Carvers, maybe not quite as good as the Nancy Boy. My only strike against the Nancy Boy is it is mostly aloe so will leave you with the sticky face feel, whereas the others dry down more.)

They all work well.
I’ve read good things about Nancy Boy.
It’s on the list.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Don't laugh.

Afta.

$2.10 retail. You can get it anywhere. I skip the AS splash if I do a night shave. It does the job.

I like the Blue. The Green Afta turns to a sour smell on my skin that I don't care for after about 30 minutes.

Another recommendation for Stirling post shave balms and also Crown & Crane aftershave balm, it is Excellent!!

Top Bottom