What's new

I want to be that guy

A couple of years ago while on vacation in Aruba I observed a gentleman smoking a pipe in the nearby distance. I felt compelled to walk over to him and strike up a conversation.
If memory serves me correctly he was a 30-40 year pipe smoker.
All he smoked was captain black white and he only had a few basket pipes.
He was perfectly content.

I want to be that guy!

A couple of years ago while on vacation in Aruba I observed a gentleman smoking a pipe in the nearby distance. I felt compelled to walk over to him and strike up a conversation.
If memory serves me correctly he was a 30-40 year pipe smoker.
All he smoked was captain black white and he only had a few basket pipes.
He was perfectly content.

I want to be that guy!

I think you have a chance at "perfectly content"...not so much "only smokes CB White and a few basket pipes"...you did fail the sabbatical you started hahaha

On a serious note, I do get what you mean though. There is something to be said for and pursued by all in the image your short tail represents. A finding of our place and contentedness with our station, who we are, and why we are here. Sounds like the gentleman you mentioned had discovered those things.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I want to be that guy, too, but only because he was in Aruba.

I'm quite content with my pipe lust. :pipe:

I want to be that guy, too, but only because he was in Aruba.

I'm quite content with my pipe lust. :pipe:

This.

I could have just kept using a normal teapot or an IngenuiTEA to brew tea. Instead, I'm picking up a Tachi Masaki Banko teapot later today that I'll use to only brew green tea (maybe even only Japanese green tea). But I like green tea, and Banko teapots supposedly make green tea taste better.

It's like eating the same thing everyday. Sure, you could do it, but why would you ever want to?

The FDA-EU-Canada Health flavoured tea leaves tell me that in 20 years we'll all be that guy, unless we diligently soldier onward with our TAD and PAD endeavors.

"I can see what you mean Brian.

While not impossible, minimalism can be good (even in this hobby!)

That's a big part of the reason I've sold off a lot of my pipes (albeit to convert them into cellar clout). Thanks to the FDA as well I see myself only getting really special pipes from now on and focusing my attention on tobacco.

I have a pipe for pretty much any blend/cut/flavor/casing I could want to smoke. Anything after this is just kind of collection fluff at this point."

....is what I want to tell myself and what my wife wants to me to hear. Heck, I bet that guy never even kissed a woman before!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'm pretty sure I would be content with just a couple of blends; HOTW and Luxury Twist Flake, and a few select pipes.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
[MENTION=55641]Bk124tt[/MENTION], I'd be happy to help--pick out 5 pipes to keep, send me the rest along with your tobacco cellar, and I'll send you a lifetime supply of Captain Black White. Deal??? :w00t:

[MENTION=55641]Bk124tt[/MENTION], I'd be happy to help--pick out 5 pipes to keep, send me the rest along with your tobacco cellar, and I'll send you a lifetime supply of Captain Black White. Deal??? :w00t:

Another literal LOL

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
@Bk124tt, I'd be happy to help--pick out 5 pipes to keep, send me the rest along with your tobacco cellar, and I'll send you a lifetime supply of Captain Black White. Deal??? :w00t:
The willingness to help our BL brethren is heartwarming :biggrin:

I can be this guy. I have one 3 piece DE (EJ89L), one TTO (Parker), one SE (everReady 1912), and one straight. I am happy there. I have only three fountain pens I rotate through. I would be happy with 3 pipes and a good Oriental or Baltic blend. ADs never take with me, but I enjoy assisting people with their disorders

At this point of my ridiculousness, I'd be happy to stay where I was when I originally wrote this post. I guess I missed that opportunity already.

Top Bottom