What's new

I used Tabac for the first time today...

I finally tried Tabac. I found it locally at a fragrance store and sampled the EDC and EDT. I like them both, but went with the EDT. This store was pricier but at least no shipping. Anyway, I really like it and am glad to have it in my collection.

Update! Received my Tabac today, I can't wait to try it out! It smells great and the packaging is substantial. Plus, I got it for a great price from frangrancex.com. Free world-wide shipping, AND pretty quick delivery. :thumbup1:

I think it's a great soap. The complaints about the smell have me a little baffled, though. My puck has NO scent. It smells like. . . wait for it. . . . soap. I almost wonder if I got a puck that had been lying around for a while, and the scent disappeared. Still a great soap.

Your puck must been lying around for years. The scent on mine is strong enough to last for a while (or so I'm assuming).

UPS delivered my Tabac here at work. I've been smelling it all day. Might give it a whirl tonight. Despite the haters, I'm digging the scent.

Okay, I'm a convert. After seeing how much everyone else discussed the scent of Tabac, I decided to see if I could revive the scent of my puck. I let a couple of teaspoons of HOT water soak into my puck for a few minutes. Then I went at it: I worked the soap for a good 5 minutes with my brush. No exageration -- 5 minutes. Not only was I rewarded with the must copious lather, but the Tabac finally began emitting a powerful flowery scent that filled my nose with a wonderful bouquet. I like my Tabac so much more now that it has released its perfume. I think my puck must have dried out, and lost its scent at the surface. By working with the puck for so long, I got below the area that had dried out. It is now a soap I truly look forward to using, as opposed to just a utilitarian work horse. It's now one of my favorite soaps. Of course, I have yet to try Pen's EF. :w00t:

Top Bottom