What's new

I used Tabac for the first time today...

I had not even heard of Tabac until I became a lurker here.
Now I gotta get some!

I was going to guess that you must be a real youngun' if you never heard of Tabac, but I see that you are of a similar age to me.

Where you been livin', Reseda?

:wink:

I guess since I've been shaving, I had never really looked beyond the old staples I had seen dad & grandpa use....Old Spice, Skin Bracer, A.V. When I started lurking here,
my smell-well A.D. got activated. Thanks Guys (I think?)

B

BrightFutur

The more of these I see the closer and closer I get to breaking down and buying some. One day I will give in.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I thought Tabac was a bit strange at first. SWMBO said she loved the scent (she has good tastes)... I'm sticking with it when I can. Great soap!

I could not disagree more. The ASL and EdC are PERFECT complements to the soap. Even the UAD adds to the overall Tabac experience.
It appears there is some sort of misunderstanding. I was trying to explain that the scents are not the same, but that they do belong to the same class of Tabac-y fragrances. If someone samples the AS, he will have an idea (albeit a good one) of what the soap is like, but no more than that.

I thought Tabac was a bit strange at first. SWMBO said she loved the scent (she has good tastes)... I'm sticking with it when I can. Great soap!

My wife loves it too. (Plus, it's the only one she recognizes instantaneously from the other room!)

It appears there is some sort of misunderstanding. I was trying to explain that the scents are not the same, but that they do belong to the same class of Tabac-y fragrances. If someone samples the AS, he will have an idea (albeit a good one) of what the soap is like, but no more than that.

I did not understand that to be what you meant. I stand corrected. I was just defending my beloved Tabac.

:smile:

I like a distinctive scent with good staying power. But you say she recognizes it from the other room? Is it that strong or is it just an initial blast......or is her sense of smell that good? Either way, I really want some now.

Pete

I like a distinctive scent with good staying power. But you say she recognizes it from the other room? Is it that strong or is it just an initial blast......or is her sense of smell that good? Either way, I really want some now.

Pete

I might have exaggerated just a wee bit to illustrate the point . . . . :blush:

I normally do, but the AV was feeling neglected. Tabac has a magnanimous soul and wanted to share the spotlight

:biggrin:

Absolvo te.

One of these days (like tomorrow) I'm going to have to go buy some AV to try it for myself. I always thought it was for guys with tons of gold chains and Huk-A-Poo shirts, but it seems to be a perennial fav around these parts, which automatically gives it some credibility.

Of course, you are a Lilac Vegetarian . . . .

:cool:

Absolvo te.

One of these days (like tomorrow) I'm going to have to go buy some AV to try it for myself. I always thought it was for guys with tons of gold chains and Huk-A-Poo shirts, but it seems to be a perennial fav around these parts, which automatically gives it some credibility.

Of course, you are a Lilac Vegetarian . . . .

:cool:

You'll love AV. Even if you don't like the scent (which I do). Try the musk too if you haven't already.

As for the Veg, I remain its most faithful and devoted servant. :wink:

You'll love AV. Even if you don't like the scent (which I do). Try the musk too if you haven't already.

As for the Veg, I remain its most faithful and devoted servant. :wink:

They have both at CVS, so it's easy and cheap enough to get them at the same time. Is the musk as "cooling" as the original?

They have both at CVS, so it's easy and cheap enough to get them at the same time. Is the musk as "cooling" as the original?

No menthol in the musk, unfortunately. But it's a great product. I like the scent of the musk a little better, but both are great.

I apologize to the Tabac for hijacking the thread. :biggrin:

No menthol in the musk, unfortunately. But it's a great product. I like the scent of the musk a little better, but both are great.

I apologize to the Tabac for hijacking the thread. :biggrin:

Like you said, the Tabac is a kind and forgiving monarch, and does not mind sharing the spotlight for a few moments.

So let it be written, so let it be done . . . . :rolleyes:

Top Bottom