What's new

I turned the fan off.

Since I started DE shaving, I've been hearing everyone talk about the wonderful sound/music the razors make, as they slice through each individual hair. I was still yearning to hear this, and I couldn't ever find out what exactly they were talking about, that is, until this morning.

I usually get right out of the shower and go right to shaving, and as I was whipping up my lather, I noticed the normal sound of the fan going. I thought that may be why I was missing out on this unmistakable music of a DE shave. I turned it off, and as my feather started to effortlessly make its way through the stubble and hair, I could hear it!!!

It was music to my ears, and made me want to just keep shaving and shaving. Then I ran out of beard to shave, and I was running low on time, so I had to call it a morning, and head out to work with an ear to ear grin.

I never realized, until now, what I was missing. If you shave with the fan on... flip that bad boy off one time, and see if you hear the sweet sweet music.

Since I started DE shaving, I've been hearing everyone talk about the wonderful sound/music the razors make, as they slice through each individual hair. I was still yearning to hear this, and I couldn't ever find out what exactly they were talking about, that is, until this morning.

I usually get right out of the shower and go right to shaving, and as I was whipping up my lather, I noticed the normal sound of the fan going. I thought that may be why I was missing out on this unmistakable music of a DE shave. I turned it off, and as my feather started to effortlessly make its way through the stubble and hair, I could hear it!!!

It was music to my ears, and made me want to just keep shaving and shaving. Then I ran out of beard to shave, and I was running low on time, so I had to call it a morning, and head out to work with an ear to ear grin.

I never realized, until now, what I was missing. If you shave with the fan on... flip that bad boy off one time, and see if you hear the sweet sweet music.

+1 it sort of reminds me of the sound of peelin velcro apart :blushing:

I turn the fan off but leave the light on. I don't notice the 'cutting sound' of my razors, anymore, like I did when I started. After a couple years, guess I'm used to it.

For some reason it seems louder with my Futur than with a SS or adjustable. Still, it's a relaxing sound, because if I'm cutting stubble, I'm not slicing skin.

The razor I get the best "accoustics" with is my Big Fellow. I don't know if it's the size of the handle or what, but that baby really sings.

Cheers.

I love the DE cutting sound. It's reassuring that I know I'm actually cutting hair instead of the razor lip carrying the lather across the face :p

Ruvane

My Sanguine straights are the loudest at that. They even make a ZIING sound when I strop them.
Ernest

If you shave with the fan on... flip that bad boy off one time, and see if you hear the sweet sweet music.

I only use the fart fan for the shower (and the other obvious reason). As you found out, it adds nothing to the shaving experience.

Top Bottom