What's new

I Tried, I Really Did, New Piper Inbound

So i tried to stay away, just looked to good to pass up, turns out there is a cigar shop with lots of great things in it, just around the corner from me that i never knew was there

well now i have a pipe and some tobacco, i smoke anyway, might as well smoke something nice, plus i used to love the smell of it on my grandpa

$IMG_1093.jpg$IMG_1095.jpg

i got three types of tobacco to smoke a Mark Twain, 3 Cherry, English Mix, and Heart of Gold, and of course some little tools and pipe cleaners
cant wait to try it out, well after i figure it out lol im guessing its not rocket science but ill do a quick online search to make sure

so i guess welcome to the Brown Leaf Syngent ! lol

yeah i went through the stickies always a great source, hit up some youtube, loaded me some 3 cherry and walked around the garden

it was nice for sure

thanks haiku i think that little advice will come in handy for sure

btw cause i forgot to mention it, the pipe is a lorenzetti julius caesar, doesnt mean much to me cause i loved the looks and the very helpful woman said it was a nice pipe that should serve me a long time

btw cause i forgot to mention it, the pipe is a lorenzetti julius caesar, doesnt mean much to me cause i loved the looks and the very helpful woman said it was a nice pipe that should serve me a long time

I have several Lorenzetti's, good pipe, great price. They really are a hidden gem in the pipe world.

so i pulled the pipe apart to clean up todays smoke, and there was this little thing in there
do all pipes have this, or is this a stem that will take a filter and this goes in when you are not using one ?
$IMG_1097.jpg$IMG_1098.jpg
the second pic shows how it sits in stem

so i pulled the pipe apart to clean up todays smoke, and there was this little thing in there
do all pipes have this, or is this a stem that will take a filter and this goes in when you are not using one ?
I believe it's just a rubber fitting that holds the stem to the shank. On most pipes the shank is mortised and the stem has a tenon that is a slip fit. I have a pipe which has both the shank and the stem mortised and a little rubber piece in the middle with a tenon on each end. I believe that's what you have here.

My experience with Dr. Grabow pipes, all filtered, is that there is nothing that needs to be removed from the pipe or added to use or not use a filter other than the filter itself.

Top Bottom