What's new

I tried aftershave for the first time ever

I never really thought about using aftershaves because I already use skincare products to moisturize and tone and I thought they would mask the scent of the aftershave. But curiosity got the best of me tonight and put on some Barbus aftershave after shaving. Wow it smelled and felt great! Minty and has a nice cooling sensation but I'm sure you all know that already. I'm so late to the game

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I never really thought about using aftershaves because I already use skincare products to moisturize and tone and I thought they would mask the scent of the aftershave. But curiosity got the best of me tonight and put on some Barbus aftershave after shaving. Wow it smelled and felt great! Minty and has a nice cooling sensation but I'm sure you all know that already. I'm so late to the game

Heck ya! Thats what I am talking about @kyleifornia! You just took your shaving hobby to a whole another level. Yep, thats right, you just raised the bar on yourself, and you just discovered the joyous wonders, of aftershave. They come in multiple types and scents, isn't it exciting? Menthol aftershave, non-menthol aftershave, menthol aftershave balm, non-menthol aftershave balms. So many choices, so many bottles, the suspense is killing me, I hope it will last! Breath, just breath. I'm ok, just lost a bit of wind there, I really should exercise my lungs more.

Infact, is lovely that you just brought up aftershave, cause I kind of am addicted to them. :001_tt1: I am like the living embodiment of pringles commercials. Once I try out and pop open a bottle of aftershave, I just can't stop, must have more. Congratulations on upgrading your shaving to be 20% cooler and 50% better. You've just joined the elite. So pat yourself on the back, yes, because you are amazing. 😁

I hear ya' @kyleifornia! I've been shaving daily for over 4 decades and always avoided aftershaves. Didn't want to be "that guy", the one that you know is approaching from 20 feet away. Avoided all the colognes my ladies gave me for the same reason.

Then last year I bought some Clubman on sale at the local drugstore. It was a total game changer! I'm addicted and now wouldn't call the shave finished without a liberal splash. And yeah, the wife loves me wearing scent and opening the gates for fragrant gifts. Sooooooo much fun!

Like you I stayed away from aftershaves at first having known only the popular brands you see in commercials and stores. But since getting the shave aftershave like Proraso Green with witch hazel and the like….like @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker said…the point of no return was long passed!

Enjoy the upgrade to your shave and now off to get the balms as well!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Like you I stayed away from aftershaves at first having known only the popular brands you see in commercials and stores. But since getting the shave aftershave like Proraso Green with witch hazel and the like….like @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker said…the point of no return was long passed!

Enjoy the upgrade to your shave and now off to get the balms as well!

I'd really love to know all the aftershaves that you have now, give me something to drool over lol.

I'd really love to know all the aftershaves that you have now, give me something to drool over lol.
I would be just setting you up for a disappointment I'm afraid. I am just getting started. So I have Proraso Green (the big guy 400ml), Executive Man, Fragonard Concerto, Rituals Samurai and Burberry - but I have passed on the last two to my son. And I got a scent card by my regular shaveshop of Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica. At first kind of heavy, but the wife said it might be something for the summer.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I would be just setting you up for a disappointment I'm afraid. I am just getting started. So I have Proraso Green (the big guy 400ml), Executive Man, Fragonard Concerto, Rituals Samurai and Burberry - but I have passed on the last two to my son. And I got a scent card by my regular shaveshop of Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica. At first kind of heavy, but the wife said it might be something for the summer.

Alright, I have decided, you and I are now aftershave brother's. We love our aftershaves, we can't live without them. But we tell people we can stop at any time, but nobody believes that do they? Thats right, some people love their alcohol, we love our aftershaves.

I tell ya, you and I should go work for an aftershave making company, then we could get all the FREE aftershaves we want. If only life were that easy ha? LOL! BTW, I also love berry flavor or berry scents of anything! I gotta get me a berry scented aftershave at some point.

Top Bottom