What's new

I took a chance with Mundus.

A while back while looking through things on the Etsy site I came across this soap maker. There are many of them out there but what caught my eye was this one was located not too far from where I live so I decided to check it out.

She produces both shave and bar soaps in various scents; spice, lavender, sandalwood, citrus plus others and something she calls Brave. I ordered a couple and when I mentioned this site she asked if I would mind trying some from time to time. I agreed.

She sent a few samples, I tried them, gave her my observations and comments. She made adjustments in the formulation. The last samples she sent were Citrus and the one called Brave. They were in large brown plastic screw top jars with a really cool label. The consistency was similar to Proraso in the green tub.

The Citrus smells as expected like citrus, oranges, lemons, limes... very nice. The Brave is an interesting scent, I'll say it has a leathery scent, I like it too. Like Proraso it's soft enough that it doesn't matter if you use badger, boar or horse hair brushes. I tried both bowl and face lathering with all brush versions with excellent success. With bowl lathering I followed my usual routine of whipping up a fair amount of soap on the brush and then by adding a little water at a time to the bowl they both whipped up huge amounts of thick, slick lather. Whether using a bowl or face lathering both performed well.

I'm happy with them and would order from her again.

Mike

Last edited:
This summer at some point, it's called Addictive. Love the scent, performed pretty well. It's definitely a harder soap. She also sent a softer bay rum gratis which was good.

I just tried a sample of Infamy myself. Very nice scent. Rich lather and smoothe slick shave. Highly suggest this soap for anyone looking for an artisan soap. Mundus is on Etsy!

Yeah I have pretty much the whole mundus line up. I love them all especially the bay rum. Swmbo uses the lemon verbena soap. Not only is the soap good but Jennifer is great to deal with.

$Mundus.jpg
This is what I got and I am enjoying.
Jennifer is fast when it comes to shipping and corresponds instantly by email.
She gave my some sample of shaving soap but I don't remember what was it.

I have the Brave soap and Citrus-Sandalwood cream. The are both excellent products and provide top notch lather.
Perhaps the soap gives you just a tad creamier face love, but it is just my vague impression.

Mundus used to provide my weekend lather before I hit my Klar Kabinett craze-phase...

Starting to like soaps more than creams or croaps.

Mundus Addictive is excellent. Great lather, cushion and glide. Am going to try Infamy tomorrow for my Christmas shave.

All Mundus scents are fine and gentle. When you order a soap or a cream you usually get a generously sized sample of another scent.
The Addictive is the manliest with some woodsiness and smokiness in there. Even her after shaves are pretty good.
Both soaps and creams work well with hard water.

Just received a shipment from Jennifer of some soaps, colognes and aftershave products. The scents are intoxicating. The aftershave & shave soap were terrific.
I have more than a few products. (this is an understatement) :biggrin1:, and these Mundus products more than hold their own with the best of them. Again, the scents are not your standard fare and clearly stand out from the pack. Prices are very reasonable across the board. Think of Mike's Natural soaps and Mystic Waters when comparing the glide and lather. Cool old time bottles as well. The cologne salves are great for travel. Will be back for more....even though I'll never be able to ever use them all in my lifetime.

I was looking for something new, and I decided to give this soap a try. It was one of only a few soaps on Etsy that contained tallow. The rest were just clay/olive oil based shave soaps, which is code for "lather killer".

I tried the Bay Rum scent, which honestly, smells nothing like bay rum. It's more of a citrus/musk/smoke scent. Very little water was needed to whip up a great lather. Unlike MW, it was very easy to get a stable lather going. It won't disappear on your face mid shave. It's pretty slick too. This soap is on the same level as Mike's and QCS.

I received a sample of Addictive, which was nice. I will be ordering more soaps from Mundus.

Mundus soaps ought to get some more play around here. They are on par with others -- Mike's, MW, QCS, B&M -- that do.

Top Bottom