What's new

I think that I've had my dream razor all along.

I've been seeing posts on here regularly where a B&B member ask what everybody's dream razor, the when that they absolutely want more than any other is. As I try to think about what I covet more than others, of course a Gillette double ring does come to mind. When I started going through my collection today I realized that there is no other razor that to me is more beautiful or gives a better shave than my 1901 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher.
I have more than one and several other lather catchers but there is the boxed set that I won from the 'bay that was shipped from England. This particular set is in absolutely fantastic shape and it contains all of the original 110 year old blades that are also in fantastic shape given their age. This razor shines like a silver mirror and I can't imagine any other razor looking prettier than this. With it's exquisite engraving and scrolling...well let's just say that it's breath taking. I don't use this particular one since I have more just like it sans the perfect plating...those get used in my rotation and give a shave that is far superior than any razor that I've used so far....and I have a lot of razors.:001_wub::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

Here are some pics of some of my other Lather Catchers and other SE razors that don't have their own cases. I also have many nice Gem and Ever-Ready SE razors with cases.:thumbup:

You know in spite of the immediate onset massive RAD that set in as soon as I joined this forum, and all the razors I've since purchased, my first DE razor remains one of my favorites.

You know in spite of the immediate onset massive RAD that set in as soon as I joined this forum, and all the razors I've since purchased, my first DE razor remains one of my favorites.

I have a few DE's that I really am fond of.... I have more DE's than SE's. I had some of these SE's for a few years and was afraid to use such barbaric looking devices...until I gave in and tried a 1912....and then everything changed!:001_tt1:

Top Bottom