What's new

I think I’ve lost it

@Alex Jr ,

How’s the healing coming along?
It's almost there. I'm not getting any pain or burning sensation. Tried ATG for a couple of days, it went well but I didn't want to push it.

I've got to say. I'm really enjoying shaving WTG/XTG. Now that I have to do it, I'm really focusing on my technique and getting great results with it.

Maybe that's the best thing that came out of all this.

Very glad to read you’re healing and getting better results on your WTG/XTG passes, but sorry this all happened.
Nothing to be sorry my dear friend!

That's the beauty of life. I'm sure all of this had to happen. I learned about my face, my skin condition, how to improve it and finally to shave in a way I always considered inefficient but now it opened up a new world for me.

I can even use more aggressive razors without that obligation to go ATG. Actually somehow it's a feeling of freedom.

I even shaved WTG/XTG only with my tech today and had a wonderful close shave.

Glad your face is and skin are on the mend!

I'm just now catching up on this thread and I'm finding it very interesting because I'm discovering that ATG passes aren't so good for me anymore, even with a mild razor like the Gillette Guard; I just wind up with irritated spots or a weeper here and there. Instead, I'm doing a couple of XTG passes in opposite directions after my first WTG pass and winding up with much closer, and, more importantly, much more comfortable shaves.

Glad your face is and skin are on the mend!

I'm just now catching up on this thread and I'm finding it very interesting because I'm discovering that ATG passes aren't so good for me anymore, even with a mild razor like the Gillette Guard; I just wind up with irritated spots or a weeper here and there. Instead, I'm doing a couple of XTG passes in opposite directions after my first WTG pass and winding up with much closer, and, more importantly, much more comfortable shaves.
I've always considered the WTG/XTG pass just something that had to be done to get to the ATG and final pass. If I didn't finish against the grain It felt like I hadn't complete the shave.

When this sudden irritation started I had to make sure to get the best out of the WTG, I wasn't even doing XTG at that point.

I remember preparing for the shave and thinking "ok, it's one pass, imagine you're using a straight, go". Lots of skin stretching, trying to tackle each spot like a barber would.

As smooth as an ATG final pass? Of course not, but very close. To the point of thinking if that ATG was actually worth it.

I even started to appreciate other razors more, simply removing that obligation to go ATG.

Top Bottom