What's new

I think I'm done with soaps...

Hello all,

I've been using an emollient cream instead of soap the last few shaves (scalp & face minus the goatee). Sometimes with a bit of oil, sometimes not. Wow! A really comfortable shave.

Anyone else tried this?

Luke

Famous last words 'I am done with ...' :)

I have had a cream time - oh those Portuguese creams - and a soft soap time - TFS, anybody? - and even shaving oil.
But in the end, good old triple milled shaving soap always gives me the best experience and the best result.

Recently picked up some Omega Via Barberia, and realised I am still a soap guy indeed :cool:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Congrats on finding your ....
1590251900980.png

IMO, it's a solution in search of a problem. Half the charm of wet shaving is bowl or face lathering with a favorite brush.

IMO, it's a solution in search of a problem. Half the charm of wet shaving is bowl or face lathering with a favorite brush.

Interesting point. I don't think it's a 'solution in search of a problem' though is it. The problem is easily defined, namely that shave quality could be improved. This has achieved that, consistently.

If it removes some of the charm or romance of the process, for me it's a small loss I'll happily take for the increase in comfort and convenience.

Find me a soap (or shaving cream) with similar comfort, slickness and post-shave feel, I'll probably buy it; after all I enjoy lathering and I have two nice brushes. But, meh.

Top Bottom