What's new

I think I'm done with badger for a while.

My den had actually been badgerless for quite some time; only recently did I decide to rid my old Made Rite brush from the mega floppy knot it had. I just dropped in a 20mm "super badger" knot from The Golden Nib and have been de-funking it. I'll shave with it tomorrow.

But yeah my Omega Pro 48, and Omega synthetic get a lot of use.

I got a WD 30mm silvertip a few weeks ago. It's amazing but somehow I still prefer my Omega 49. The silvertip is definitely softer and more luxurious but there's something about a good boar brush that I miss.

Scott

+1 to the earlier comment about the Simpson B4 in best. It's my only brush and has done well with soaps, creams, face lathering and bowl lathering.
having said that, I'm currently on the prowl for a Semogue, but not because my B4 disappoints me.

1305 is my go to brush. The more you use a boar brush the better it gets!
+1!!! I have been rotating a LE 2012 mixed, SOC, 620, 1305, and B&B Boar.

I was debating trimming down the pack and the 1305 was on the chopping block. That is, until I used it yesteday with my new Proraso Red. Wow!!! The 1305 just keeps getting better, softer, and more water and soap retention. I'm in a pickle!!!!

Yes, my 1305 also sat unused for a short while, but it has regained it's place at the front of the pack. These knots really love the soft soaps, I especially enjoy it with Proraso and Castle Forbes.

Hmm I just use both, but I was definitely drawn in for a while by the power of the Kent VS30 boar which is a really good brush. But I couldn't abandon my nice soft badger

I'm going the opposite way, I have 4 boar brushes, just ordered my first big boy brush. A Rooney 1/2 in super. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Omegas and Semogues, but have grown to yearn for a dense knot with backbone and soft tips. My boars have all been broken in and still feel scratchy. We will see once the Rooney is delivered this week.

+1

I sold all my badgers once and only had boars.. now i have CH2 Super, Wee Scot, T2 2-band, Duke 3 Best, TGN 2-band and T&H 1/2 modified loft to 40mm(!)... and one Semogue 1520.. Haha =)

My face lathering rotation includes Semogue SOC,620,830 boars and Simpson Colonel X2L, Chubby, Duke 2, Shavemac 177, and 25 badgers. I will always use both boars and badgers. Brushes are so HMMV; most any good brush will produce great lather.

Top Bottom