What's new

I think I’ll just stay here and drink

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This is a great song for drinking. Especially drinking whisky.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have mixed drinks
about feelings

did you stumble upon this or do you actually like Eric Church? He’s one of my favorite country singers. He has quite a few good drinking songs.

Round Here Buzz
Drink In My Hand
Smoke a Little Smoke

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just Summer? That's been my motto since I retired 10 years ago. I've had 10 years of practice for our State's "Stay-At-Home" (and drink) order. I do prefer my (way too) many paddy punk drinking songs, and some Hank III, but thanks for that Merle song I hadn't heard before. My country music appreciation is limited to Hank I, Hank III, Willie and Patsy.
If you love Willie then you've heard this before: "there's more old drunks than there are old doctors, so I guess we better have another round!"

Man, I miss ole Merle! "I wish a buck was still silver......"

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
did you stumble upon this or do you actually like Eric Church? He’s one of my favorite country singers. He has quite a few good drinking songs.

Round Here Buzz
Drink In My Hand
Smoke a Little Smoke

He does some good stuff. Not exactly my deal but hell . . I'm surrounded by truckers, and a wife . . . and a dog. It does soak in a bit. (rising damp)

If you love Willie then you've heard this before: "there's more old drunks than there are old doctors, so I guess we better have another round!"

Man, I miss ole Merle! "I wish a buck was still silver......"

I never new Merle personaly
But his music is like a mirror
In every song i se me
I really miss him to
This one is for everyone who remembers
Merle Haggard
Rest in peace Merle

FarmerTan

I never new Merle personaly
But his music is like a mirror
In every song i se me
I really miss him to
This one is for everyone who remembers
Merle Haggard
Rest in peace Merle

Been a LONG time since I'd heard that one my friend!
This is a great song for drinking. Especially drinking whisky.

I had never heard of this man. He was quite a talent, according to my quick study of him online. Thank you for making me aware of him.

FarmerTan

In direct opposition to @Doc4 , I'd have to say that a great BEER drinking song for a broken hearted fool is by another Canadian: "Sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot.

There was a time in my teens and twenties that I listened to him a LOT! And drank a few cold ones as well.... While I'm busy derailing this thread, here is another tangent: does anyone here admit to being old enough to remember the time Mr Lightfoot was on "Saturday Night Live" and he had sung a few words of "Sundown" (I think that was the song!) and I believe it was John Belushi that ran out and stopped him, telling him he'd already sang his allotment of two songs for the show!

I for one may have seen the humor in it, but I did NOT think it was funny! (Carry on my friends!)

Top Bottom