What's new

I think I may have found my number last night

Okay so after getting some ok shave and no injuries for my first week of shaving, I decided to crank my Slim up a notch to 6 and it seems to have made all the difference in the world. While I did have a few mild nicks, they were not bad at all and my shave was MUCH closer.:w00t: I've been using the Wilkinson's Sword blades since last Thursday and going just one notch higher seems to have made all the difference in the way this blade performs. My sampler kit ought to be here soon. I'm thinking I may have to dial it back down once they arrive. We'll see. I had my barber tell me yesterday that that straights and DE's don't shave any closer than the multi blade cartridges. That may be so, but I know I get a helluva lot less irritation with a DE. He was talking about how awesome the Shick 5 blade new shiny thingy was. I'll pass. I've bought into the hype before and that's all it is. I've had the Mach 3 and all the other 3+ blade cartridge razors out there and even one that vibrated and had a mustache trimmer built in. All JUNK compared to my Slim. If I had to go back to a cartridge razor, it would be the Mach 3 or the Sensor. (Sorry caffeine kicked in and I wandered off my original topic a little LOL)

The Slim is a great razor, my favorite DE. In truth, I could probably get a good shave with a cartridge razor with all I've learned from B&B, but why would I? The blades are more expensive and to me, my morning shave is like my daily zen. I also like the fact all my razors are older than me, and all that metal just looks a lot cooler than plastic.

Congratulations! The slim is one of my favourite razors too.

The problem for me with carts was that I found they caused ingrowns, switching to DE shaving was the solution for me. Now i look forward to my shaves instead of avoiding them.

Exactly Larry. The metal stuff is way cooler than plastic and if it's lasted this long, it'll probably outlast us! I really like the fact that the blades are cheaper too. I always hated buying carts for the same reason I hate shopping for a car because I know I'm getting ripped off!! LOL BTW I'm a drummer (at least in the current band) and I also play Pedal Steel.

Top Bottom