What's new

I think I love menthol in the summer: what’s the most mentholated soap around

I watched a video review of Chiseled Face Cryogen and that looked unbearable. I would not enjoy having my eyes Sting so bad I could hardly see.

I heard once, and please tell me if true or not....higher the menthol, the higher likelihood of nicks and weepers...I assume because of the numbing properties of the menthol...in the hands of an experienced wet shaver, I imagine this can be avoided (??)

I don't necessarily get more weepers or nicks, but I get seemingly more feedback than normal from the alum block. I cannot feel the slight irritation that the alum seems to find. This seems to be a little more with mentholated soaps but not overbearing at all.

I am very found of menthol soap and after shave. When I started WS a few years ago I ordered CF Cryogen,Fine snake bite, yedi snot, and Kramperts frost bite. I did not know about Stirling glacier at the time. In my journey I make it a habit to do almost 1/3 of my daily shaving menthol.
As of today I still use CF just the soap,Fine soap as well, And now have Stirling Satsuma,Wintergreen and MITA both soap and AS. I do use a Uncle johns menthol soap and a CB mile high menthol soap All of these are excellent. And I did order the Terror have not tried it yet.
But in my opinion 3 thing stood out. Yedi snot was the coldest combo. But things changed to the man who makes it. !st he doesn't anymore. And my 2nd order of the AS was very weak.
Next my favorite of all is Kramperts frost bite. It has both a very nice menthol feel but to me the best scent out there. Nobody mentioned this.This small maker out of Maine also puts out a great bay rum as well. And the soap is no longer made by smooth soap but you can get it directly from him.
And final THE MOST coldest menthol AS out there hands down is OLEO polar. I put this on in the morning and on my way to work my eyes 30 min later are still watering!!!
It may seem funny but with so many choices out there I am strongly considering making my shave den 3 things.
1-menthol
2-Chatillon after shave
3-B @ M Fougere Gouthique
Just too many choices and I love the 3 things I menthoned.
Take care everyone.

I’m by no means a menth head and the Stirling line is fine for me. Used Obsidian earlier this week and definitely shed a few tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Elixer by Noble Otter
One mild step below cryogen
Cold creamy candy cane elixer
proxy.php

Stirling's Glacial Wintergreen soap is incredible. Orange Chill is good, but the glacial soaps are much better if you like strong menthol.

My wife got me the Obsidian this summer. I am not a fan of black licorice but the face feel and performance is awesome on a hot summer day. Hopefully I can get past the intense scent when I break it out once the weather turns oppresively hot again.
I also have Orange Chill and while not as cold of an effect, a much more pleasing scent and found myself using it a lot more often.

I've got Stirling Obsidian. It's Stirling's Glacially mentholated version of Black Ice, which has a lesser amount of menthol. Don't face lather it. The menthol is really concentrated if you do that.

Awesome licorice scent. Love it.

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom