What's new

I think I lost my tube of CO Bigelow!

My son just turned 17 and has been shaving for just over a year. I set him up with a Gillette Slim, Personna Super blades, badger brush, and a tube of RSC shaving cream. He was willing to go with a DE setup (i told him if he wanted cartridges, he'd have to pay for them himself!), but has no interest in shaving as a hobby or even something to enjoy. That's fine, that' will come in time I suspect.

He picked the RSC cream based on scent and has been using it exclusively. I asked him if he was ready to try something different. He mumbled something in that "leave me alone" teenage way, which I took to mean, "Sure, Dad, whatever".

I gave him my tube of CO Bigelow and told him to be sure to rinse with COLD water. A few days later I asked him what he thought and he actually seemed to get a little excited about it! He loved the menthol freeze. I told him he could use it as long as he wanted, just put it back on my bathroom counter when he was done. That was two months ago and I still haven't seen it, nor do I expect to.

It's good to see him starting to enjoy at least one aspect of shaving. I'm going to see if he's interested in trying a few other things...maybe get him into a rotation.

My son just turned 17 and has been shaving for just over a year. I set him up with a Gillette Slim, Personna Super blades, badger brush, and a tube of RSC shaving cream. He was willing to go with a DE setup (i told him if he wanted cartridges, he'd have to pay for them himself!), but has no interest in shaving as a hobby or even something to enjoy. That's fine, that' will come in time I suspect.

I think to truly appreciate a good DE shave, you have to experience the garbage cartridge ones. Or even garbage DE shaves which I still have every once in a while. Glad to see you're able to connect with your son in some way. It's important. You guys might have shaving the way my dad and I had our Datsun! Both are very expensive hobbies.

Likewise with my 17 year old son, except that he's taken my Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream. He says, "this stuff is a lot better than the other stuff in the can".

Top Bottom