What's new

I think I have a problem

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Yeah, see what ya mean. It probably only takes a minute or two to decide what to shave with. You need way more brushes and soaps than that, a few well chosen razors add assorted witch hazels moisturizers and aftershaves it could take you all day to choose

I'm ordering Proraso green aftershave and preshave cream as I really like the menthol. Also getting a stick of La Toja soap to replace the 'goo'; and a Razorock Plissoft brush.
I was planning to get some of these before you all started being so helpful.
Hopefully the slim won't take too long to get to New Zealand from the US.
My wallet thanks you all for your encouragement!

It gets better, why B&B has some of the best 'enablers' in the world, right here, for your shopping addictions convenience.

I can't tell you (I can but if the Wife ever caught wind, there'd be hell to pay!) the amount of stuff I have bought after reading through this forum...

Oh I almost forgot to mention something !!!! You know those silicone water or food bowls they make for your pets when you are traveling? Get one of those to use for a travel lather bowl , they work really well and are cheaper to get than the ones that are sold as silicone travel lather bowls !!
s-l1600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Anu
Aftershave is on the to do list as I want to smell before I buy. There aren't many places near me who carry safety shave supplies. I'm open to suggestions for a good woody scent.
I also have a battered slim on the way which I plan to restore as a side project.
And yes down the rabbit whole I go 😄
Pinaud Whisky Woods might be what your looking for. It is inexpensive and available on Amazon.

Bit of unsolicited advice:

Buy samples. Then buy what you love in normal size. Your wallet will thank you.

Don't chase the perfect razor; it doesn't exist. Enjoy the journey. Your wallet will thank you.

Buy used when you can. Your wallet will thank you.

Pinaud Whisky Woods might be what your looking for. It is inexpensive and available on Amazon.
Can confirm whiskey woods is currently one of my favorites but dont bother getting it on amazon they have absolute horrible packaging as in they will throw it in a bag that's not even closed and throw it in an envelope and then all your left is with an amazingly scented and wet envelope you will be better off just ordering it from another online shop

Nice little starter kit.

Soap samples are a great way to add variety and experiment.

Hmmm…I didn’t see any Omega Boar brushes, Synthetic brushes, Badger brushes, GEM 1912s, MicroMatics, Injectors, aftershaves, and the list goes on. (Plenty of time for all of that later.)

Take your time and enjoy. There is no perfect razor, soap, cream, pre-shave, etc. There is only the perfect one you use for that shave.

Recommend mastering your technique before chasing too many different options.

Welcome aboard, I look forward to following your journey.

Top Bottom