What's new

I think I got it!

So today I did one pass using a mug and Williams save soap and a brush.

I didn't apply pressure and I held it at the top with two fingers. Except over there lip which for me grows write fast.

There was a slight burn with the Aqua Velva, but no apparent nicks.

I did some touch up but I could still feel stubble, but it looked clean.

I shaved about 9 am and here it is 7 pm and I'm about to meet some friends and I need to shave again. The five o'clock shadow is more pronounced. But I'm going to break down and use my bulldog razor [cartridge, 5 blade]

Do in general, I don't like the lack of control on the razor. I also prefer the wooden handle on my bulldog.

So far these are the razors I've ever used to the best of my memory and where they tank:

Bulldog bamboo handled 5 blade
Barbasol disposable 6 blade
Bic hybrid comfort 4
Gillette Fusion
Gillette Mach 3
Baili Eco Classic
All other disposable razors

So today I did one pass using a mug and Williams save soap and a brush.

I didn't apply pressure and I held it at the top with two fingers. Except over there lip which for me grows write fast.

There was a slight burn with the Aqua Velva, but no apparent nicks.

I did some touch up but I could still feel stubble, but it looked clean.

I shaved about 9 am and here it is 7 pm and I'm about to meet some friends and I need to shave again. The five o'clock shadow is more pronounced. But I'm going to break down and use my bulldog razor [cartridge, 5 blades]

Do in general, I don't like the lack of control on the razor. I also prefer the wooden handle on my bulldog.

So far these are the razors I've ever used to the best of my memory and where they rank:

Bulldog bamboo handled 5 blade
Barbasol disposable 6 blade
Bic hybrid comfort 4
Gillette Fusion
Gillette Mach 3
Baili Eco Classic
All other disposable razors

Sounds like you are doing well. Control will come with experience.

If you have a fast growing beard, you might want to try a DE razor. I have a fast growing, coarse beard and sensitive skin. I find that I can get a closer, longer lasting shave with less irritation using a DE razor or straight razor than I can using a cartridge razor. However, it might take you some experimentation to find the best razor and blade for your beard and face.

If you have a fast growing beard, you might want to try a DE razo
I am using a DE Safety razor, the Baili Eco Classic with Shark brand razors.

I'm trying to learn how to use the safety resort because I'll be asea for 6½ months and my personal storage space is very limited and the last time someone swiped my stash of Bic hybrid comfort 3s which meant I was stuck with Gillette good news disposables until I could get a good razor.

That would be the Bulldog cartridge Tracie which quickly became my favorite razor of all time.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Great stuff, it will all fall into place eventually. When it does it will be a great feeling.

I am using a DE Safety razor, the Baili Eco Classic with Shark brand razors.

I'm trying to learn how to use the safety resort because I'll be asea for 6½ months and my personal storage space is very limited and the last time someone swiped my stash of Bic hybrid comfort 3s which meant I was stuck with Gillette good news disposables until I could get a good razor.

That would be the Bulldog cartridge Tracie which quickly became my favorite razor of all time.

I do not have a Baili razor, but from the photos of the Eco Classic, it looks like a very mild razor, probably a clone of one of the Gillette Tech razors. You did not state which Shark blade you are using, but both the Shark Super Stainless and Super Chrome blades are not very sharp as razor blades go. Thus, they are not ideal in a mild razor for someone who has a fast growing beard.

If you happen to be using the new Shark Platinum blades, then my conclusions would be different. They are quite a bit sharper than the SS and SC blades. I can get a close shave with them, even in a mild SuperSpeed clone.

Thus, I would recommend trying some sharper blades in your Baili.

Like DE blades, various multi-blade cartridge razors vary in sharpness as well. I have not used a Bulldog, so I cannot comment on them.

Sounds like you are on the right path and doing great! It will take some practice, but you will get there.
So, let me be the first to recommend Gillette Silver Blue blades. They seem to work great in mild razors.

Also, since your space is limited, you might consider using Witch-Hazel with or without alcohol as your aftershave. You get the effects of a balm and AS with little or no scent.

Thank you for your service, stay safe and return home!

Have a Great one EveryOne!

Top Bottom