What's new

I think I did good.

Purchased this from eBay for $18. Any info is greatly appreciated as I am new to the game.
A9A8E3FC-8F5A-4A09-B5FD-4AAA9951196C.png
D22AC2C9-49A1-41EE-B817-B0CA4024F5AC.jpeg
4EBC5314-4495-4013-964D-ED1912AD88D7.jpeg
0D058F59-7AB5-46BE-820F-881A5446E0D0.png
7E8F724B-D80F-450B-A8D8-94D2BBD20F68.png

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Ya done good, congrats!

Good time in the cycle to buy vintage, the prices are currently way down for some models/auctions.

I've got one of those razor holders, warped in the same way. :wink2:

I haven’t received it yet to check the dates and codes and what not. Soon as I do I will post some pics. I’m wondering if the paper on the bottom is a sign it hasn’t been used yet?

Nice set, congrats. I've found a lot of travel sets similar to yours but only 1 with the razor still in it.

The razor is a Gillette Fat handle Tech. It's hard to tell if it's Pre or Post war without seeing the base plate. I like the mirror also.

Nice tech travel set and an excellent price on it. Seems like there’s a few travel sets out there that are still in excellent condition for reasonable prices. I was able to get a JC Higgins in “like new” condition for $25. Only things missing were a travel comb and styptic pencil (which probably would have gotten replaced if they had been included as I couldn’t be sure they hadn’t been used previously)

Beautiful razor. Nice find, especially for that price.

No way to tell if the razor has been used or not, but in order to use it the paper would have to have been removed; therefore, it is was used, somebody took the time and trouble to put it back together to make it look as though it hadn't been used.

Absolute steal (regardless of whether it's pre or post war) - looks in superb condition, would've been good value at twice the price or more IMHO.

Hey thanks guys I super appreciate it. Spending way to much time scrolling through eBay today. Any brands worth checking out other than Gillette? Have a feeling I need purchase another razor lol.

I scored a gold plated pre-war fat handle tech and meant to keep it mint, but turns out they shave marvelously. Ya dun good!

if you’re new to the game, welcome! There will be more where that came from my friend.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I already answered you on Reddit, nice to see that people seem to agree on it to be a Gillette Tech Fat Handle. I must also say not posting the photo of the lady there to be a most critical and shameful omission! ;)

Top Bottom