What's new

I think Gillette is on to us

Go to Art of Shavings home page, click the instagram icon and the last picture in the second row of pictures is a fat-handled tech. The message says to check out these products at their store or website. While the tech is not available yet, look closely at that picture. Paying special attention to the top cap - that is not the old fat handle's top cap (see the blade stoppers/aligners on each end, like newer 1960's techs.) That thing is way to shiny to be a re-plate & the handle looks a little different too. I'll bet that's it.

Great find !

I will probably buy one, if this happens.

Made in ______?

I will buy one of each, more than likely depending on the ratio of metal to plastic. However, I am wondering what will be the effect on the prices and availability of the originals.

Last edited:
Noooooooo! :scared:

Come on! You know they are working on it right now, they just want it to be a once a month kind of pill. So each month you have to buy another one. The next step will be the pill that creates awesome shapes in the breard, like a pinch-nez, goatee, manicured bread, and pork chop side burns. Those pills will cost extra and will only last 2 weeks.

But for the really important man, will be the pill that keeps the beard gone during daylight and then makes a two day scruff for the evening. That pill is going to be the top of the line one, and cost the most...:lol::thumbup:

3D printed, but labeled 'Stainless Steel Like Look'. Comes with one free blade, replacements available at only $29.99 down, and $29.99 a month!

'Brushed Metal Like Finish' ... feels like real steel ... Made under the supervision of experts ... New and Improved ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

A s/s Tech please or if your not sure how to make one ask goodfella in NZ they go a good likeness.

I decided to wrtie to Gillette and this is their reply.

$Gillette.JPG

Well this's certainly is a bit odd. I actually talked to someone at the local AOS store, they confirmed a retail release date of May. It could be this person who answered your email is not in the loop. Or possibly he was instructed to not confirm this.

Well this's certainly is a bit odd. I actually talked to someone at the local AOS store, they confirmed a retail release date of May. It could be this person who answered your email is not in the loop. Or possibly he was instructed to not confirm this.

All he said was he didn't know, I think you're right, he's not in the loop.

I think for the MRSP range being thrown around either zamak (boo-urns) or brass (yay) are far more likely than a SS razor. Fatip is able to produce a good brass razor for a reasonable price.

Yes. The B. Isles have always been their own thang.

Wasn't it referred to as "royal isolation" or something like that.

I remember a story, quite probably apocryphal, about the British being worried the Chunnel would destroy Britain. As if to confirm, the day the final wall of isolating rock tumbled down between the crews a spunky young lad from the continent side stepped through and said, "Welcome to France!"

Top Bottom